Nik's Poulan Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Is it difficult to replace a bar stud on a Poulan 3700. I picked up this saw and I think it is in good shape but I need to remove and clean the cylinder since it was stored out in the weather with no spark plug for a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
8f415178354f41ce8a2eedd334de0a40.jpg

brandonstc6

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sad, no it is easy, go through the oil tank use a magnet to fish new one in

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I think the saw is definitely salvageable. It looks to be in pretty good shape under all the dirt. It isn't locked up and the clutch and sprocket look good. I have to look at the cylinder but I think it's okay too. I know a guy who has a scrap yard and he laid it out for me.

redunshee

redunshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sad, no it is easy, go through the oil tank use a magnet to fish new one in

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
occassionally you can find replacement bar studs . The replacement has a hole at the tip that allows you to attach a wire to the stud. Fish the wire thru the oil tank , out the bar stud hole and pull. I've had no luck using a magnet so I end up splitting the tank. More work for sure.

leecopland

leecopland

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have a 4000 which has white death from sitting on wet concrete I guess. Anyway had it running on the weekend and topped up the oil tank only to find a but puddle of oil hour later. Yes hole through the bottom of the tank. Will the 4000 motor fit into the 3400 chassis as I do have a good part saw. It might be easier to try JB Weld first.