Nor Cal GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the cast iron may give things a hint of the taste of onions. I like to fry onions and taters once in a while. Plus, I'm using last year's berries for the experiment. They aren't as good as this years.

That was no fat bizquick. Full fat bizquick or Fischer's scone mix? I'm pleased with the doneness results. I was expecting black (my mom always called it nicely done) crust on the bottom, and dough on the top.

The cast iron chicken cooker will probably decrease my gas mileage massively. :laugh:

I think the cast iron may give things a hint of the taste of onions. I like to fry onions and taters once in a while. Plus, I'm using last year's berries for the experiment. They aren't as good as this years.

That was no fat bizquick. Full fat bizquick or Fischer's scone mix? I'm pleased with the doneness results. I was expecting black (my mom always called it nicely done) crust on the bottom, and dough on the top.

The cast iron chicken cooker will probably decrease my gas mileage massively. :laugh:

It'll be worth it.:cool2:

They turned out. Remember, one hour. Start charcoal earlier, have more charcoal ready. I'm not too happy with the taste and will try scone mix next.

View attachment 317566View attachment 317567View attachment 317568View attachment 317569

Dutch ovens are the cat's meow for cooking and baking when camping in the forest. For best results, dig a hole, obtain a nice bed of coals, lower the dutch oven (with food in it) into the hole, and cover the dutch oven completely with coals. To retain the heat, some cooks cover the entire thing with dirt. Its like a luau in a cast iron pot.

Last edited:
BTW guys don't forget to bring lots of crisp new Benjamins. I am bringing 3 or 4 Stihl chainsaws and a Husqvarna to offer up for sale.

Is there any interest in me bringing Stihl trimmers for sale, including the rare FR106 backpack trimmer?

So food? I can cook but Frank is a national BBQ competitor. However I could do a lunch or dinner. I just need a hard count and I can work up a budget.

It's stronger tonight than Saturday.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/9054

You are correct! How awesomely ugly was that thing, anyway?

ffY9ksQ.jpg

This new board will take a bit of getting used to. FINALLY won the battle vs my smartphone (be smarter than the phone) and got my pics on photobucket. Weeding through the duplicates and the chaff now. Here's Nate attempting to work his google-fu (without success) on Saturday night:

CAM00740_zpsfc433ead.jpg

Here we see Nate's face awash in smartphone glow.

"I was so preoccupied with my Yardbirds grief that I wasn't aware of rental goats".:D

Back