OK,WHAT IS YOUR MOST DEPENDABLE FIREWOOD SAW?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My FIL has an old 026 with a 16"bar. That thing has countless cords under it's belt. Slow as can be, but it just keeps on going and without any problems outside of regular maintenance. Always starts and cuts.

The orange and white one, right between the other orange and white ones. 260 pro, don't leave home without it.

That's akin to asking me to pick between my babies... I love them for different tasks. Of my old equipment, hands-down my 346. They were all fantastic saws, but tht 346 made me smile every time and cut way out of proportion to it's size... NOW... IDK. I love the grunt of the 261 but not it's weight. I love my 562, when it's not bogging on acceleration. My Stumpbroke is awesome when I need a few more ponies or I just want to impress someone. We'll see about the pending 9010... I guess the 261 as it cut's beyond it's displacement and noodles better than, (doesn't clog as much) as my 372 (at least until I get the bigger clutch cover). After running Hedgerow's ported 562... If I had that, or get mine done, the order will change significantly!

THAT YOU WOULDNT WANT TO BE WITHOUT,PERIOD? THAT ALWAYS STARTS AND READY TO CUT!:popcorn:
:popcorn:
My 361 with a 20' bar would be 1st choice for firewood. That saw is totally reliable, is powerful enough for larger jobs and light enough to use it for smaller jobs. Of course we all know that you really need one of each size saw (every 10 cc requires a new model) up to at least 90 cc. Maybe a backup saw for each one would be even better.....

My 260,361 and the 371 go with me when I have to leave the farm to cut firewood but the 260 seems to see most of the action. It stays on my Polaris Ranger when I'm putzin around on the farm.

Its not hard for me to pick...because only 2 saws have ever gotten into my heart..so far anyway !!! Oddly enough..my two saws have the same model number...but a different brand .
My old and well used Husqvarna 350 with 18 in bar and chain...still can s**t and get !!
And my newer Dolmar 350 with 14 inch bar and chain . Super reliable..and super fun to cut with !
Wouldn't leave home without either .

Back