Poll Pro-mod, Anti-mod, Neutral

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You a Pro-Modder, Anti-Modder or sitting on the fence?

• Pro-Modder

Votes: 133 59.1%
  • Anti-Modder

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • Fence Sitter

Votes: 73 32.4%

• Total voters
And this is not the same as Gun control. Weapons are legal. Modified saws are not. No matter how much you dislike what I am telling you, they are not legal in the normal work setting.

no crap. what im saying is people believe in their guns.......people believe in their modded saws. therefor people feel pretty strongly about them. who are you anyway? what is your fascination with what is legal and what is not? are you a lawyer or attorney, that is gonna go tell on us for running modded saws?

What is illegal about them? Besides no spark screens.

every modded saw that i have has a spark screen on it.

Most of my fun I have had when I was being naughty and getting away with it!:) Forbidden fruit is the most enticing. I am sure Craigs words are nothing but encouragement to most of us non conformists to just do it.

I dont doubt that there are companies that have policy that agrees with no alterations to factory equipment for many of the reasons mentioned but I dont think many here are going to feel guilty for thumbing their noses at that idea.

The rush you get with a modified saw comes out most times ahead of any sacrifice you might make. There are some situations though where the noise is really objectionable!

Are they EPA certified? No?

neither is my worked over harley with shorty straight pipes,
my worked over Z28 Camaro,
or most other things that are fun to run
.....and all i gotta say about that is oh well...

are you some straight up, law abiding individual that just conforms to the norms.....cuz if you are then you need to get out and live a little.

Last edited:
no crap. what im saying is people believe in their guns.......people believe in their modded saws. therefor people feel pretty strongly about them. who are you anyway? what is your fascination with what is legal and what is not? are you a lawyer or attorney, that is gonna go tell on us for running modded saws?

I am just a tree killer. I answered the question that was asked. That is all.

Hey, Craig Wilson...

A lot of us on AS make our living with saws. Your profile says you're a "research developer". I don't know what that is and , because I don't know what it is, or anything about it, I probably wouldn't tell you what methods or tools to use.

Kindly quit preaching. We don't need it and we sure don't want it. We'll be okay. Really, we will.

Now leave us alone.

A lot of us on AS make our living with saws. Your profile says you're a "research developer". I don't know what that is and , because I don't know what it is, or anything about it, I probably wouldn't tell you what methods or tools to use.

Kindly quit preaching. We don't need it and we sure don't want it. We'll be okay. Really, we will.

Now leave us alone.

Alright, I must have missed where Timberwolf said that only pro-mod people were allowed to respond to his thread.

So I will keep talking until he comes in and tells me otherwise.

Alright, I must have missed where Timberwolf said that only pro-mod people were allowed to respond to his thread.

So I will keep talking until he comes in and tells me otherwise.

there is nothing wrong with a difference of opinions....but don't ##### to us about our opinion..if you don't like modded saws tackfully explain why.

Mr. Wilson,

Your "partner's" rose bushes don't count as trees, and therefore that does not make you a "tree killer".

I doubt we need to worry about the EPA much when my modded and tuned saws probably run much cleaner than many of the untuned, stock saws that are choked up or so old they didn't have any EPA back then but are still running.

You've never run you car 56 in a 55 mph speed limit area have you? Rules are rules and laws are laws. When you drive too fast you are releasing a lot more emissions and killing us all, plus its unsafe and illegal. Worry about the things you know, and we will ours.

Mentally, you don't have what it takes to run a chainsaw for more than 5 minutes, LOL, you are a tree hugger here to stir the pot, flush yourself, please.

Sam

Dang, Just what I need........... A research developer telling me that having a lighter more powerful saw is more dangerous and leading me straight into finiancial ruin.
He needs to research the ground I work. Most people look off the edge of the road and say that it is impossable to get up or down to the trees, much less cut them.
Now I have done some research on the matter and my conclusion on the matter is....The lighter and faster my saw is, the safer it is, also the greater potential for income.
Unfortunately the Manufactures have to comply to the alphabet soup, but I do not.
Komrad, I pity you if you think you have the right or duty to come to my home or work place and tell me what to do with my saws.

neither is my worked over harley with shorty straight pipes,
my worked over Z28 Camaro,
or most other things that are fun to run
.....and all i gotta say about that is oh well...

are you some straight up, law abiding individual that just conforms to the norms.....cuz if you are then you need to get out and live a little.

If you aint livin on the edge, you be taking up too much space!!!

Sammy,

Did not insult you. Why would you call me a tree hugger? I am not a logger, but I do heat my house with wood. And all my saws are safe and legal.

The only modification I have to my saws (MS 660 and the 046) are max flow filters. But they have been certified fire safe.

Sammy,

Did not insult you. Why would you call me a tree hugger? I am not a logger, but I do heat my house with wood. And all my saws are safe and legal.

The only modification I have to my saws (MS 660 and the 046) are max flow filters. But they have been certified fire safe.

you should have richened the mix when you installed them....that makes them non EPA compliant and illegal....I'M TELLING!! what a joke.

Craig wilson on the right. His bum buddie on the left.

attachment.php

Wow, that's it?? That's all you got??? Cause they are not EPA certified?? So how does non EPA certified make them more dangerous. Please do tell.

Hey, watch it, when you ask a liberal a direct questions like that, they start to meltdown, LOL. Mr. Wilson, the research developer's eyes are starting to roll back into his head. Soon his partner will need to dab his brow with a wet napkin, LOL.

Mr. Wilson, what is it you research?
What trees have you killed? ....... with a chainsaw?
What model of chainsaw do you personally own and use?
Gary, will want to know the oil ratio you use in it?
Is it okay to turn the oiler up or not, or should we run them dry to save the environment?

Thanks, in advance for your answers,

Sam

Hey, watch it, when you ask a liberal a direct questions like that, they start to meltdown, LOL. Mr. Wilson, the research developer's eyes are starting to roll back into his head. Soon his partner will need to dab his brow with a wet napkin, LOL.

Mr. Wilson, what is it you research?
What trees have you killed? ....... with a chainsaw?
What model of chainsaw do you personally own and use?
Gary, will want to know the oil ratio you use in it?
Is it okay to turn the oiler up or not, or should we run them dry to save the environment?

Thanks, in advance for your answers,

Sam

Liberal? Are you Nuts?

Well I will not usually kill trees for firewood. But I will recover topped trees from the areas that have been logged out. I drive a pickup truck. Stihl MS 660 and a 046. Whoever Gary is, tell him I only use 40:1 Klotz. I use as much oil as possible.

Latest posts

Back