Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's up with your cylinder, scored?

How about you send me your ignition? :p
My cylinder had three of the four mounting flanges broke off. Someone jb welded them back on with a little tig to be sure. They didn`t put them on just right so it blows the base gasket.
It run pretty good when I bought it, just thought it needed some fuel lines or a carb clean.

Thanks for the pic Nathan. But besides the priceless sticker what differentiates a 143 from a 143MX?
via cuttinscott:
"MX stood for Modified Xtra it was the second generation of the 143 they beefed up the main bearings and added a plastic fuel/oil tank in lew of the Mag one."

My cylinder had three of the four mounting flanges broke off. Someone jb welded them back on with a little tig to be sure. They didn`t put them on just right so it blows the base gasket.
It run pretty good when I bought it, just thought it needed some fuel lines or a carb clean.
I've got a tig man with a lathe down here. Send it down and I'll take it over for repair. He'll weld the ears back on for you and then lathe the bottom off perfectly smooth.

Might cost a little coin to get it done but he's a sucker for chainsaw work... He's AMAZING at this kinda stuff. he just cut my base and squish before we realized the spark plug threads were blown so he tigged the thread hole closed, redrilled, and tapped the threads for me. They look better than new. He's also welded the bolt ears for 2100 husky mufflers back on to their cylinders, and welded mag cases with great success. Yes I said it... WELDED MAG! He also fixes broke, bent, busted long bars and has a custom made bar groover.

View attachment 320547
I guess it is the 143 super mx that came with the plastic tank.

If you go back to page 126 Torino Cobra posted some factory bulletins.

Here's one of them, looks like the MX went to a lighter full wrap, modified carb and better breathing muffler.

Also the tank went from magnesium to ny-glass.

Hats off to TorinoCobra for those pages of enlightenment.

And thanks to Nate for the pics of the 143 with decals!

Guess there was a slight increase in compression also.

Nates' pic doesn't show the newer muffler, here's a shot of one. (pardon the wrong wrap handle we have the proper one now)

002.JPG

On the brighter side of things I will share that I found out this last weekend that all the machining is completed in the stock 309 cutoff saws to convert them into a chainsaw.

Just saying...o_O

what's up with your cylinder, scored?

How about you send me your ignition? :p
I've got a tig man with a lathe down here. Send it down and I'll take it over for repair. He'll weld the ears back on for you and then lathe the bottom off perfectly smooth.

Might cost a little coin to get it done but he's a sucker for chainsaw work... He's AMAZING at this kinda stuff. he just cut my base and squish before we realized the spark plug threads were blown so he tigged the thread hole closed, redrilled, and tapped the threads for me. They look better than new. He's also welded the bolt ears for 2100 husky mufflers back on to their cylinders, and welded mag cases with great success. Yes I said it... WELDED MAG! He also fixes broke, bent, busted long bars and has a custom made bar groover.
Do you need the whole saw or just the cylinder?

On the brighter side of things I will share that I found out this last weekend that all the machining is completed in the stock 309 cutoff saws to convert them into a chainsaw.

Just saying...o_O

Okay,

spill the beans.

Inquiring minds want(need) to know what jug you will be using?

With the 40mm stroke 56mm will net you 6 (SIX) cubes.

now where would I get a 56mm jug to fit under the hood of a 309?

I was thinking 58mm, 106cc, 6.4cubes... :buttkick:

Well several things have happened. I found a complete original vent setup, ordered it and the post office lost it. :mad:

So I put on my thinking cap :cry: and came up with an idea. I found a flow check vent for a small weed eater that fits the same size line that the tank vent does, filed a small groove in the vent post to allow air in and installed it with the flow check valve on it. Works like a charm, no leakage at all and still plenty of air in to equalize the pressure. :D

I'll post pics in the next day or so.

Going to be fun testing this saw against the Husky 545 I have coming.

Well I ran the SD 114 for a short time today. I put an Oregon power match 18" with a round chiisel 3/8 .058 on it. Could only run it for 15 mins or so (broke a couple of bones in my right foot on Monday...) but it ran great. No issues what so ever, the check valve works fine for the tank vent. Very impressed with the power this small of a saw is putting out.

Got the news that the 545 I am getting is done, they just need to get a new side cover (Some how they lost or used the original one). To restate this is a Husky 545 that had the wrong air filter on it from the get go, the cyl got scored and the original owner received a new PH in exchange. The shop where he bought it, owned by a friend, is selling me the totally rebuilt saw for $250 OTD.

After running the 114 I may just sell the 545.

Anybody know where to find a good replacement piston for a 144? Mines missing a couple chunks guess I'm just glad it didn't do anything to the cylinder lol

Got the news that the 545 I am getting is done, they just need to get a new side cover (Some how they lost or used the original one). To restate this is a Husky 545 that had the wrong air filter on it from the get go, the cyl got scored and the original owner received a new PH in exchange. The shop where he bought it, owned by a friend, is selling me the totally rebuilt saw for $250 OTD.

After running the 114 I may just sell the 545.
Got the 545, ended up costing a little more ($10). That's with a new B&C and new side cover. Ran it yesterday, nice, now I'm not sure I am going to sell it. Going to have to run them both for awhile.

So I have a Husky 545 (basically new),an SD 114 in very good shape (w/ a new B&C), and have ~$370 in both. While not yard sale prices I am not going to complain. ;)

Latest posts

Back