Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what I was afraid of.....

Oh well....I guess I will have to find a bigger saw :D .....thanks for the CAD guys! :chainsaw:
I never imagined it would be so infectious!

A guy up in NE AR had a SD 143 for sale a couple weeks ago, maybe I can track him down.....

If the 24 is for 'reach' OK.

Don't expect a whole lot if'n the bar is buried eh?

That is what I was afraid of.....

Oh well....I guess I will have to find a bigger saw :D .....thanks for the CAD guys! :chainsaw:
I never imagined it would be so infectious!

A guy up in NE AR had a SD 143 for sale a couple weeks ago, maybe I can track him down.....
just get it's bigger 68cc brother...??
http://zanesville.craigslist.org/grd/4481679024.html

Or get a 6400/6401/6421 and you can run a 24" and upgrade to a 79-84cc top end later and run a 32" if you want.

The 6100 Dolmar strato saw has been pretty hot saw lately too...

Looking for 144 IPL or if someone knows what's compatible between the 144 and 152/153 series that would be helpful. Looking into swapping some parts around to get my 153 running.

Cheers
nate

So I just found out my worst fear on my 153 that I got recently... I was hoping the wires were just broke and MIA on this saw. After pulling the FW the story is pretty evident, prior thief inside this saw.

Pretty bummed out now... :(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402579825.926311.jpg

Man, that stinks!
The worst is that it will probably take me a couple years to track down a working ign for it... Very nice clean saw with good compression makes me wonder why the ign was pulled/robbed in the first place

Sadly, I need a piston kit for my beloved 116. :cry:
In ignorance, I ran it using outboard 2 cycle oil and my piston is toast. :blob2:
I am going to break it down tomorrow to see how much clean up I need in the jug.

What is a good source for aftermarket pistons?

Is there a larger jug / piston that will bolt on my crankcase for a bit more power?

Please Advise Sachs Dolmar experts...:bowdown:

Sadly, I need a piston kit for my beloved 116. :cry:
In ignorance, I ran it using outboard 2 cycle oil and my piston is toast. :blob2:
I am going to break it down tomorrow to see how much clean up I need in the jug.

What is a good source for aftermarket pistons?

Is there a larger jug / piston that will bolt on my crankcase for a bit more power?

Please Advise Sachs Dolmar experts...:bowdown:

What ratio were you running? I seriously doubt you scored your saw running 2 cycle outboard oil if mixed at the right ratio. A straight gas or air leak would be more in line with scoring the cylinder and piston.

It was 50:1

Now that I think about that day a bit more, my MS250 was using the same fuel and I ran three tanks through it. After the Dolmar went down. I have not pulled the muffler on it yet, but it never gave me any problems and never died.

I only pulled the muffler on the SD today and the piston did not look good. Heavy vertical stripes could be seen through the exhaust port.

I had a thread in the regular chainsaw section, but I thought I would shift fire over here where the SD gurus live.

I think I will start over by doing an actual compression test to see where I am at.
I am a big believer in doing the simplest things first when bird dogging an engine.

YUP!

the 056 mag used the Bosch and one or two concrete saws as well.

I have found that ignition on a 120 Super (probably an early model) the IPLs I have don't show the Bosch for the 120 Super.

There was a thread on fixing that ignition using an external capacitor. Me thinks Duke said he had 5 of those units up for grabs.

Might be worth a search?

YUP!

the 056 mag used the Bosch and one or two concrete saws as well.

I have found that ignition on a 120 Super (probably an early model) the IPLs I have don't show the Bosch for the 120 Super.

There was a thread on fixing that ignition using an external capacitor. Me thinks Duke said he had 5 of those units up for grabs.

Might be worth a search?

There is a very simple fix for those old ignitions, its a very cheap part that burns out in the trigger mechanism that can be replaced with a bit of plastic removal and resoldering in the chip. Also Stihl sells a universal trigger that can be mounted outside the flywheel area and wired in that would likely work out better in the long run as heat destroys the trigger chip when mounted under the flywheel.

So I do have some 123/143/309/343 based concrete saws and the ign unit fits perfectly!!!

Maybe it would work? I'm assuming I have to use the 153 FW with a Bosch ign? Not sure if that's a SEM unit or Bosch...???
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402762931.207939.jpg

So if I can find a Bosch ign unit, I can drop it in with the 153 fw and be back up and running? Sweet!

here's a Bosch unit in a 153,

427.JPG

Ole' Lakeside said on the 056 mag that the flywheels do not interchange between the two.

Bosch needs the Bosch specific flywheel SEM needs the corresponding flywheel as well.

Figure same same for the SD?

Does the flywheel from the 123/309 etc. fit the crankshaft dimensions on the 153?

Need help from the gurus. I run several 5100/5105's in my forestry business. Most have black coils, one very early 5105 has white coil, a guy on AS that does modding says he has seen blue coil in a 5105, and a dolmar dealer swears the higher limit ones are red.

Can anyone that really KNOWS, shed some light on this please.

Kyle at Edge and Engine sorted this out for me.

5100=gray, may look white"ish"

5105 non EZ start=red coil green sleeve on spark plug wire.

5105 EZ start= black coil green sleeve.

No record of other colors.

Latest posts

Back