Saw pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't heard of anywhere a person could get a top quality pipe custom made and installed start to finish for 150 Bucks. Fill us in!
Frank if a fella had a jig or mold and just cold pounded the stinger I could see a price difference but then again you run into that one pipe fits all theory.

I haven't heard of anywhere a person could get a top quality pipe custom made and installed start to finish for 150 Bucks. Fill us in!

Seems like lots of good folks avoid you these days Frank.

BTW Jeff I've seen those JBWelded pipes from up your way. No thanks.

Fred

Fred

I have three pipes from the accused person and have seen about twenty others. No JB on any of those Fred. Why don't you get off it man, or do you get your kicks by continuing these arguments? Wait, you just drew me back in...DANG! Good job Fred!

Again?? Doesn't there have to be a first time?????????

You stuck it in. I don't remember any words with you Andy?

In truth I don't have anything against "the accused person" just the maniacal midgets. It gets a little old. Hmmmmm.

Fred

I told these people the truth and some people can't handle it.

Hell, I want my friends to suceed in their endevours, but I wouldn't run everyone else into the ground to do it.

If anyone says they didn't do it that way, I'll call them a liar.

Fred

It's all good Fred, I figured I'd turn your crank a little. Gotta get some drama back in this place. He's been making me some really good pipes the last few years. I think the welding is top notch on them. I saw a few of Cliff's saws at Cherry Springs a couple of weeks ago, the pipes look great on them. I think Jason Hiser had one with a stainless pipe on it, that was a beautiful pipe.

Seems like lots of good folks avoid you these days Frank.

Fred
Ummm once again I have no idea what your talking about.Ever burnt any rod or walked the cup with a tig torch?
If you haven't,20 or 24 guage be it S/S or mild steel in conical shape isn't the place to start.
JB weld would be sufficient as a patch or repair in dire straits,I would think.
150$ ???Do you have any idea how many pieces have to be cut and fit for a true tuned pipe?Lots of under 1"diam to2 1/2" sections just coming from the exhaust port to the bottom of the stinger all the while turning a corner,then the stinger...
Plus the gas and rod,someone is working for 8$/hr plus material on a 1000$ welder.. if he's lucky.
Good for them...

Last edited:
Hell, I want my friends to suceed in their endevours, but I wouldn't run everyone else into the ground to do it. Fred
Very cavalier Mr. and a life lesson to all.
Maybe if folks make claims against your work just remain quiet,don't prove anything and crawl into a corner it would have been as they wanted.
Other option, go out do your best, transfer those thoughts, ideas,and claims from paper to reality.Then test,test,and test somemore, until perfection all the while recieving not only professional insults but personal attacks as well.I guess if they can't do it it can't be done....right?
This must be just part of the game,I guess.
If it didn't happen like that I will call them a liar .

Very cavalier Mr. and a life lesson to all.
Maybe if folks make claims against your work just remain quiet,don't prove anything and crawl into a corner it would have been as they wanted.
Other option, go out do your best, transfer those thoughts, ideas,and claims from paper to reality.Then test,test,and test somemore, until perfection all the while recieving not only professional insults but personal attacks as well.I guess if they can't do it it can't be done....right?
This must be just part of the game,I guess.
If it didn't happen like that I will call them a liar .

One thing everyone forgets is the personal attacks were started long before a lot of us were members!!!

Well Mr. it seems you want to put the lie to what I said about 150 dollars being highly questionable as a price to design, fabricate and install a pipe that is custom designed to the porting of that saw. I will stick with that as I have made quite a few. I make no claim to be able to precisely arrive at the dimensions the first shot. The ones that have been pretty much bang on had the dimensions supplied by EHP or Timberwolf. As to welding them up, I did not feel too handicapped as I have made my living for quite a few years as a pressure welder and steamfitter. Some fellows tell me they are able to do a pipe start to finish installed in 10 to 12 hours but I take longer and spend a fair bit of time getting a precise match and transition of the header to flange and exhaust nozzle. Good supports have to flex yet restrain in both horizontal and vertical directions or the pipe cracks at the header after a very short time. If someone is doing it all for that price I wonder why.

I think you are perhaps caught up in an agenda of maligning someones character again. As to my being avoided by some people......... I am very happy about that! Whether they are good people or not is subject to personal interpretation! Lol! When someone is running an agenda I do have the embarrassing habit of calling it for what it is. I have heard the story a few times about that hearsay pipe but wheter it was ever true or not, it certainly is not true now. I understand his saws and pipes can be rather hard to beat.

How about filling us in on the name of the person who is making those 150$ pipes.

Oh the pipe thing again or is that still.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make one but it does take a craftsman and some knowledge of the formulas involved.

I myself have been thumping sheet metal and welding probably as long as Frank .It does however take a goodly amount of time to make a fairly good pipe.

I've only ever made one and it was a slide pipe for a little mini mac but it took me several days of thumping and welding and I know what I'm doing with regards to the fabrication.

It always amazes me the amount of "he said,she said" regarding the performance of big time saw racers.However if you look at the times they are often within couple hundreths of a second.Now just how close do you have to be??

I always say to the naysayers regarding pissen matchs involving "builders" or just plain shade trees like myself,if you can do a better job,go for it.Anybody can sit on the side lines and cast stones,most do.If you have the gumption to try it out and succeed then you have something to talk about,if not you have a learning curve ahead of you.

That is one step up from "I know you are what am I."

Or is it down?

Fred

Again?? Doesn't there have to be a first time?????????

You stuck it in. I don't remember any words with you Andy?
Fred
Mr. what you have just experienced is a fellow with almost 20 years tenure of being on the circuit with tons of timbersport rationale and real life experiences . A very opinionated sort off the net,and I think some of it just surfaced.Hmmmm...

Humanity??? use a dictionary. Here I will for you.

hu·man·i·ty /hyu mæn ti or, often, yu-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hyoo-man-i-tee or, often, yoo-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun, plural -ties. 1. all human beings collectively; the human race; humankind.
2. the quality or condition of being human; human nature.
3. the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence.

Maybe you meant-

per·spi·cac·i·ty / prsp kæs ti/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pur-spi-kas-i-tee] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. keenness of mental perception and understanding; discernment; penetration.
2. Archaic. keen vision.

Maybe not:bang:

Fred

2. the quality or condition of being human; human nature.

No this is close enough...how about a 2 stoke scale?...
As for pipes according to the thread, Mr. where does the tuned pipe come from for a $150? What formulas are involved ?
Simple question, no strings attached.

Jeff, I just wish these people knew your true nature as well as I do.

I assume by the term "two-stroke scale" you are talking about some measurement of performance. You sure as heck don't have any place posting on anything related to performance.

Anyone who really wants something can let me know. I don't have anything to prove to a headcase like you though.

Fred

Mr. what you have just experienced is a fellow with almost 20 years tenure of being on the circuit with tons of timbersport rationale and real life experiences . A very opinionated sort off the net,and I think some of it just surfaced.Hmmmm...

I think I have figured it out. Are you upset because you are in love with a man or men you saucy minx.

Dude, we don't mind dudes that are into dudes. We know you were just born that way.

Fred

Jeff, I just wish these people knew your true nature as well as I do.

I assume by the term "two-stroke scale" you are talking about some measurement of performance. You sure as heck don't have any place posting on anything related to performance.

Anyone who really wants something can let me know. I don't have anything to prove to a headcase like you though.

Fred
Jeez Fred whats with the insults man? I just asked where you can get a pipe for 150......again
As for a headcase.. let my wife decide,won't we?
As for 2 stroke performance? I know.....don't I. Got to watch it from infancy,man what a treat,I owe him.

Latest posts

Back