Saw pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have figured it out. Are you upset because you are in love with a man or men you saucy minx.

Dude, we don't mind dudes that are into dudes. We know you were just born that way.

Fred
I'll let him know you feel that way??You can answer to him.
Your grasping at straws my friend .....your audience is watching

Anyone who really wants something can let me know.

Fred
Your kidding right!! Fred these are new guys on the Web and you are a KNOWN supplier.....Where can I get a tuned pipe for 150$
Credibility my friend goes a long way
Did you build that 361 muffler saw or did Wayne Slayton??

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to make one but it does take a craftsman and some knowledge of the formulas involved.

I myself have been thumping sheet metal and welding probably as long as Frank .It does however take a goodly amount of time to make a fairly good pipe.
Hey Al since your in the mood and I seem to have lost all concentration and can't remember the formulas pertaining to pipe size considering
Intake duration
transfer duration
exhaust duration
saw displacement
crank displacement
carb bore
and the alky/nitro fuel were gonna run
I was wondering if you would step in..Thanks

It would seem there is a lot of talking in riddles here that has nothing to do with satisfying the conditions you need to know to make a custom pipe matched to a particular saws porting and fuel. I know that at least a few builders of top notch pipes use a list of parameters that are necessary to make a custom pipe but I dont think you would even get to smell one for the dollar figure being kicked around here. That is what you call pipe dreams! Simply bolting a pipe on a woods ported saw will not get you anywhere against a saw that is ported for pipe and is wearing a pipe that is tuned exactly to that engine and fuel. I dont think there are many 150 bucks pipes winning competitions but I would sure like to talk to the guy who can do it for that price. He should have a busy if not prosperous future ahead of him.

I dont think there are many 150 bucks pipes winning competitions but I would sure like to talk to the guy who can do it for that price. He should have a busy if not prosperous future ahead of him.

HAHAHAHAHA There are some $150-$175 pipes on the fastest production based hotsaws on earth.

Fred

Playingwood.....Why in the hell would you ever want a pipe? Or Frankie for that matter, he doesn't even show up at his hometown show!.....Hahahahahaha!

Your kidding right!! Fred these are new guys on the Web and you are a KNOWN supplier.....Where can I get a tuned pipe for 150$
Credibility my friend goes a long way
Did you build that 361 muffler saw or did Wayne Slayton??

I know where this came from!!! Jeff who built CHOPWOODS saw EHP or Marcel??? The same with C.Ciccora?? and Paul Woodlands?? These are his claim to fame saws!!

Hey Dennis glad you showed up. You have built a few pipes. Do you think i could dicker a few bucks off that price? I sure wish I had one of them thar pipes that would turn my old firewood saw into something that will beat them world class race saws that Fred is dropping names about; that would put the fun back into it. Seems I spent my allowance on a new boat and motor and I dont know if I will be able to raise the tax money but i sure wannabe a famous racer like you and Freddie! :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Dennis glad you showed up. You have built a few pipes. Do you think i could dicker a few bucks off that price? I sure wish I had one of them thar pipes that would turn my old firewood saw into something that will beat them world class race saws that Fred is dropping names about; that would put the fun back into it. Seems I spent my allowance on a new boat and motor and I dont know if I will be able to raise the tax money but i sure wannabe a famous racer like you and Freddie! :laugh: :laugh:

Hey Frankie.....All ya got to do is show up and you'll be a racer.....not saying you'll win anything though. You got to spend money for the good stuff and we all know what a cheap-a$$ you are Frankie......Hahahahahahaha!:chainsawguy:

Hey Al since your in the mood and I seem to have lost all concentration and can't remember the formulas pertaining to pipe size considering
Intake duration
transfer duration
exhaust duration
saw displacement
crank displacement
carb bore
and the alky/nitro fuel were gonna run
I was wondering if you would step in..Thanks
Sorry,I don't have any software like most of you,got them all from here. http://www.chuckbunnell.com/kart/jennings/jennings.html

I could list half a dozen other sites but I imagine about eveybody already knows about them. I down loaded Jennings to my hard drive because I can't remember all the praticulars like some of you people with photographic minds.

Edited after thought:The one and only pipe I have built so far worked for it's intended purpose.It may not be a "rod and custom show" quality but that was not it's intention.

I have intentions if I ever find the time to build more and re-port the intended saw for the use of a tuned pipe.Rome was not built in a day,you know.

Last edited:
< Snip> not saying you'll win anything though. You got to spend money for the good stuff <Snip>:

You got this part of it right; It is what I have been saying all along! Stories or prices that seem too good to be true usually are. There will be a catch somewhere. The most finely tuned pipe in the world will not make a race winner out of a work saw. A race winner saw also will not be a working saw. I think the average person spends a few years figuring this out and has some good fun doing it. A very small few may collect the ability to put together by themselves a dedicated race saw and chain; most will find they have to spend some sizeable dollars to buy some of the expertise. There are probably half a dozen software programs that will give pipe dimensions but they still require the benefit of experience for the particular application to set baselines.

You got to spend money for the good stuff
Sad but oh so true...but really can you blame a guy that spends hours and hours on a project for you and not paying him at least what he would make at his paying job.Also not to be forgotten, you have the overhead of specialized tools and consumables and that can add up quick.

Well gee,it seems we have a pizzen match still,how about that.

Now I could get on my high horse concerning my actual field of expertise,which is electrical.Off topic but still could show the mindset.

I could elaborate on the fact that for instance I have most likely built more rotary phase converters than the combined total of anybody on any forum has ever seen.

I could further more call everybody a bunch of dumb a$$es that don't understand the principals involved and be smug with my expertise in that field.La-te -Da,and big deal .

Did you ever notice though,I don't choose to do that nonsense .

I've came to the conclusion that if I ever had the idea of being a serious saw racer that it would be neccessary to spend some time in northern California and perhaps Ont. or parts of N.Y. State to acquire the proper mind set to be able to deal with this,in the manner which seems to prevail.:hmm3grin2orange:

Okay gents,that little rant being concluded,have at it.Round two.:blob2:

Latest posts

Back