Stihl Light Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bar, I need to get one for my MS460, its front heavy with the standard 28" ES bar.

Last edited:
I'm curious about that part more than the weight. If it is about the same as a regular es then it will be great.

I received my Light ES bar today. Mine is a 28" .050 guage. It's 1.0 oz lighter than my Oregon Reduced Weight.

1117271591_hSrfL-M.jpg

1117271789_HzN4t-M.jpg

1117272420_jv6rf-M.jpg

1117271999_KmJtz-M.jpg

1117272630_nFURQ-M.jpg
What the heck ya doing with a west coast saw in Ohio????? I had one in Indiana a few years but it was an import like me.

Guidance on dealers who insist it is still not in production?

I love Stihl products, I hate my local contact who is a pain to get them from.

These are in production and available in all regions theoretically, correct?

Thanks

Guidance on dealers who insist it is still not in production?

I love Stihl products, I hate my local contact who is a pain to get them from.

These are in production and available in all regions theoretically, correct?

Thanks

I had my dealer owner call and double check what the parts man said the distributor told him. They both insist that Bryan Power Equipment does not have them. However, the one that I got yesterday has a shipping label right from Bryan. Makes no sense to me at all.

I used my 460 again today with the 28" light bar, and now i've probably got 10-12 hrs. on it, and honestly I can tell very little difference between the light and the regular bar. I was using a 24" regular before i got the light. I ordered another one today, bought a 32". I will be in on Thursday. They have made a believer out of me, thats for sure.

Local dealer said they are only being sold in the PNW to the public for testing. I asked why they were being sold elsewhere and he told me to call the dealers and ask to order one.

I asked how we could do that as it was strictly against Stihl policy and he was a jerk.

Is there any truth to the limited sale or are these people just goons?

Thanks.

All I know is that they are definitely available here in Virginia, all I did was give the dealer the part #, he called, and in 2 day's I had it.

A 28" oregon bar weighed one lb more than the rw oregon in 28".

how would you compare flex against stihl e "soft" stihl es "stiff"
is it stiffer than "e" and softer than "es"

After a trip to a different shop, I had a call back and order placed before I got my truck out of the parking lot.

Told the new place to find a way and he sure did. Guess it is going to have to be worth the drive.

Thanks for the info gents.

Because some dealers are lazy and don't want to sell anything beside the MS250 farmboss and weed wackers.

Not lazy some of us just plain can't get them.
The only one of these part numbers in the system at our Stihl distributor, is the 3003 000 2238 the 28" .050 bar, and they don't have any in inventory yet.

I'd like one of the 28" .050 bars for my 064. But I'll wait.

Latest posts

Back