Trip to the stihl store....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just meant the "no 45". The 45 acp Glock is real popular. The 1911 was made on 22, 9mm, 38 stupid, 45 acp and maybe 38 special. Then 45 super.

no sweat.

/point?

ya' kind of lost me.

I just meant the "no 45". The 45 acp Glock is real popular. The 1911 was made on 22, 9mm, 38 stupid, 45 acp and maybe 38 special. Then 45 super.

no sweat.

The 1911 platform was also used for 10mm/40S&W in addition to various wildcats and odd cartridges based on those already mentioned.

/point?

ya' kind of lost me.

I'll type slow so maybe you can get it.

Little words will help also.

Rookie 1 replied to a post. Got that?

I replied, and quoted him. Still there.

He replied and quoted me. Should I go back to explain.

Then I replied and quoted him.

Then you quoted me and didn't read the rest of the posts.

Then I lost you. I don't think it is a new feeling to you.

The 1911 platform was also used for 10mm/40S&W in addition to various wildcats and odd cartridges based on those already mentioned.

I know there were others, I was just refering to original Colt chambering, prewar. The 45 super was another good one. Does the 50cal work very well. I don't know the numbers on it. The 50AE didn't work well long term.

Stihl Store

How in the HELL do we get off topic!! Are we talking "CHAINSAWS" here or guns. If you want to talk guns go to that forum please! Sorry just had to vent.

All saws that run are good saws. All saws that don't run are junk. The chain, and what it does is what can make a good saw great. I have an old Husky 36 from 1992 that still runs as good as the day I got it. I have a Stihl 084 that I bought in 1986, stihl runs as good as the day I got it. The 084 is hands down the better saw but they are both good.

Some people never learn. I now see why others are going to other forums like FORESTRY FOURM. Wonderful!!!

Last edited:
10mm is a sweet round, I would much rather shoot it than .45acp

Ya'll better keep all your brass and start reloading, depending if that towel head gets in office, we may not have anymore ammo.:cry: :cry: Good thing I'm stocked high.:D

Some people never learn. I now see why others are going to other forums like FORESTRY FOURM. Wonderful!!!

Like it was ever really on topic.
It was just a brand bashing thread to start with. Nothing that helped anyone in any way:buttkick:

BTW its against the rules to post the names of other forums

Last edited:
First off, I am not a stihl guy. The saw(s) I planned to buy was a gift for my father. The low end MS-1XX saws that looked at were just plain junk. All 50hr rated and pure plastic. I wonder what would happen if to one if it was dropped? I though that husky 137-142's were junky cr@p. Next I looked at the MS-2XX to MS-3XX series saws. All are 125hr rated and kinda girthy for their size. Still too much plastic for my tastes. Finally I picked up a MS-361, much better feeling. The cutch cover and oil tank were metal and better balanced then the others. Kinda pricey for what you get. It was rated for 300hrs and just look like a better engineered saw.

Some guys gave me cr@p over my Husky 455 Rancher (maybe in jest???) for being porky and under powered. For what stihl is charging for a less durable saw is crazy. My saw was a gift to me, but I know it cost about $379.00 'ish here is New Mexico at the time.

So guys, defend the brand and justify why stihl is putting out sub par saws.
I am not looking to troll... I am just pissed about wasting my time looking at cr@p.

Maybe I should just get my father a 372xp?? :givebeer:

It's always good to hear a well informed opinion

/point?

ya' kind of lost me.

I'll type slow so maybe you can get it.

Little words will help also.

Rookie 1 replied to a post. Got that?

I replied, and quoted him. Still there.

He replied and quoted me. Should I go back to explain.

Then I replied and quoted him.

Then you quoted me and didn't read the rest of the posts.

Then I lost you. I don't think it is a new feeling to you.

maybe you need to type even slower as to get your point across because i still dont get it...

:monkey:

oh, by the way i wasnt asking for a play by play of this entire thread. all i was asking was the point of your post. ya' kind of lost me,again.

:buttkick:

maybe you need to type even slower as to get your point across because i still dont get it...

:monkey:

oh, by the way i wasnt asking for a play by play of this entire thread. all i was asking was the point of your post. ya' kind of lost me,again.

:buttkick:
He said "no 45" about the Glock. and that it wasn't American, so the 1911 reference.

Anything else I Have to read for you? You can go back a page, can't you?

He said "no 45" about the Glock. and that it wasn't American, so the 1911 reference.

Anything else I Have to read for you? You can go back a page, can't you?

ok i got it now. thanks!:)

Latest posts

Back