Wiseco piston update from Baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, you should set up a "frustration wall" in your new office, that way when the PMS posts here get to you, you can punch a hole in it without wrecking all the nice work you have done. Just make sure you space the studs wide, don't want to see any broken knuckles!

Brad, you should set up a "frustration wall" in your new office, that way when the PMS posts here get to you, you can punch a hole in it without wrecking all the nice work you have done. Just make sure you space the studs wide, don't want to see any broken knuckles!

Hey Walt, I have one of those, lol. Check out this clip at 0:42.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBWoOhyI6WE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zBWoOhyI6WE&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brad offered to so something for several in line who may benifit, may not. customer, Baileys, etc.

Now he's the bad guy? Yes maybe things should have been thought through a bit but I'm certain his intentions were made of good heart. Maybe several valid points were not thought of or approched in a proper manner, but it's only his problem and not yours.

So grow up fella's. Let him keep providing a service for those who wish to use the services at small price, makeing a few bucks to help the family enjoy life, buy special tools and gain knowledge.

How many of you fella's can put a degree wheel on a saw and know what it's telling you, make the calculations and do the work, have the tools and knowledge to do so and get positive results every time? It's a small price to pay, it may seam like a lot but I can tell you he's not getting rich..... I guess he better bump the price a bit to cover the reported income, or leave it the same, cash the checks and buy the groceries and the gas. I don't care if he burries it in a shoebox in the back yard. It's his business and not yours.

And $50 to swap a piston, repackage a saw, sounds like an honest fee to me. It alwayse takes longer than one thinks, and time to ship it back ads up. WHat about all the time spent communicating with the customer? There's no free lunch.

+1:agree2:

Anyone that meet me at a GTG knows I'm a pretty laid back,,quiet type person.....Everytime I go to a GTG see all kinda stuff I never imagined....I would love to see alot of people on AS I never meet at diffrent GTG's as well...It's just a love I have for alot of people on here.........
All I ever used was Mcc's and the 028 super ....I thought I would buy me a new saw,,and went and got a Stihl 210 and first thing I had trouble with it...I did a search and found AS and joined and posted I had trouble with it in the idle,,new saw,,,me being proud didnt wanna take it back cause it might be something simple and it was....
Then I kept readin and bought my 440 used from the PNW...My 260 pro new cause I wanted a smaller saw that was lighter limbin with...They had a raffle on AS and I won the 346xp on my birthday and I always was hardcore Mcc. Stihl fan ,, I hated Husky's,,,you can read in my early posts I made fun of the primer bulbs on them,,,I said,,and you can read back,,I said primer bulbs suppose to be on weed wackers,,not saws,,, till I ran this one the first time...What a dumbass I was....
I would have never got into millin if I never found this site,,and in the milling section,,yeah,,,damn good folks on there...They wanna share everything they know....You dont read anyone slammin anyone in the millin section,,cause they wanna help each other...It's like I remember Gink had this Idea and his fixture he made for millin,,,well it turned out to work good....He had alot of input into it,,but all to help out,,and we was all curious to see how it would work..At the GTG he tryed it for the first time..We all had a fun time watchin him and all the hard work he put into his idea...It did work good folks.......
Andy left...Why??? Cause of people giving him hell when he wanted to help someone???They didnt agree with him and started to blast him into dirt till he said the hell with it... No only him,,but alot of good people with years of knowledge left...
It's all about the enjoyment we have with or saws.....Look,,you go to your people you work beside and start talkin about oh,,,I gotta 346xp that runs 14000 rpm's and they would look at you like your fuc*ing on drugs,,and wouldnt have a clue what your talkin about....
We all better start stickin together,,or the fun is gonna end....Think about it....

This is by far the best post I have read on Arborist site In weeks, I wish I was not out of Ammo I would love to rep you

With no offense to Brad or Baileys, I believe this whole piston thing is for publicity. Lets face it, Brad is posting on here everyday. He makes good videos. Baileys is a business, businesses like to make money. Give Brad a piston, he puts it in a saw, the saw runs fine, 10,000 people on here will think he is a god.(again no offense, but you know its true). Suddenly hundreds of people call Baileys to order Wiseco pistons. Anybody that thinks that Wiseco has not already done extensive testing and knows how these will perform is just plain crazy. The aftermarket BB kits have been getting slammed here lately. Now there is a alternative to OEM or China. Baileys has to get the word out on these. What better way than to give a few pistons to one of the most followed members of AS. The idea of somebody wanting to test a piston on a PERFECT saw was a little nuts. I still think if someone close to him(no shipping) had a saw in NEED of a piston, its a fair deal. I do not see anything wrong with charging $50 for the install. To some people that are not mechanically inclined, that may be great to them. Most of you should know I'm not one of Brads "leg humpers". I will say his idea was not thought out properly, but I'm also confident he was/is not out to screw anybody. Sooner or later everybody makes a "not thought-out post" that they regret. I started the e-bay bad seller thread, It seemed like a good idea at the time. WRONG! It was a bad idea, and I regret starting it! :bang:

The mean comments on this thread make me glad I am safe in my fort I made from couch cushions. Seriously guys, can't we disagree in a more civilized manner?

Hi Ian!:) How's that new camera? I just picked up a 7D myself. It's not like I'm going to derail this thread or anything:clap:

A shot through the dining room window and another of the base of a lens. --Ian

attachment.php

attachment.php

Whom has Brad screwed???

I've said this before. What's the end goal here??

Are some of you going to start calling the IRS on Brad? Slinging mud like this is going way way over the line. This thread needs to end and the moderators need to delete the entire thread IMHO. If you guys don't stop this nonsense a bunch of members are either going to get banned or just leave altogether. That's what some of you want anyway.:dizzy:

Tom I've always liked your joking around, and you're probably a nice guy, but in this thread you've gone too far, and you are now growing long in the tooth. IMHO.

Andy that post is too funny.

You gotta make up your mind, if you want this thread to stop you can't be saying that and then turning around in the very same post and call someone out. Now whats it gonna be, you want it to stop or do you want me to answer your call out, either way is fine with me. In case you haven't noticed I haven't said hardly anything all day. I thought I was done last nite but a slur came my way this morning, I responded, then Brad responded, I responded back to Brad and thats been about it for today. Now your calling me out with your IMHO, well now I'm willing to give you my IMHO if you want to keep the thread going, make up your mind will ya. If you really want this thread to stop say nothing, see how easy that is, no need to reply,:):)

Last edited:
So basically, what you're saying, is that it can end as long as you get the last word?:greenchainsaw:

No Brad, I was answering his two part post. He seemed to be saying he wanted it to end and then he turned around and said more to keep it going. I'm confused,LOL

350 posts on this subject? (and counting?)

Huh?

Seems like Bailey's and Snelling got exactly what they wanted -- and exposed
themselves and all the rest of ya for what that's all worth, too.

Very revealing thread all the way around without providing any substantive information about anything except everyone's attitudes and opinions about
a bunch of useless schmooze factor and border skirmish wank.

Can I hear 50 bux for post number 400 to the '"highest bidder?"

Don't you folks have wood ta cut, or a basement to refinish, or a boatload of
crow to eat?

Yep. We're our own enemy every chance we give ourselves. If this thread
doesn't prove it, I'm sure some zealot know it all will start another one just for good measure.

Geezus, gang.

I'm ashamed to even be responding to such sophomoric nonsense, but it has affected my AS experience in a not so positive way and I presumably have a
right to convey my displeasure about it.

I still need someone to pay me fifty bux to send me some p and c kits for
a coupla blown up 026's and haven't had any takers yet.

Whaddya say Bailey's? Snelling? Anyone?

Didn't think so.

shouldn't this be moved to the testing new forged WISECO piston forum? I spent way too much time in the middle of this thread. Pretty pathetic. Must be Friday night. I heard Timken is coming out with new forged muffler bearings in an attempt to bring jobs back to OHIO.

Brad I am not bored at all, in fact I'm quite frisky. All I have done is called you out on that insane offer you put up. No your not in the mood and I know and you know why. Since I am so frisky I'll ask you one simple question, you answer it honestly and I won't bother you at all. What makes you quailfied to test a piston, anything, you got some background, some factory knowledge, a certification by a piston manufacture, have you got anything to show us your testing methods are the approved standard? Answer yes or no, if the answer is yes, please come forward and explain, if the answer is no thats fine too but its only fair your customers know your certifications in the testing feild.

As far as I can tell, Brad isn't testing them....he is just installing them in a consistent manner. The people running them in the real world are testing them.

Oh a slur brought you back

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe you didn't come back because today wasn't a turkey shoot. Today the bullies got called out.

The more mud you throw, the lower you sink. You are now in confederacy with the likes of the guy who alluded to calling on the revenuers. You threaten keeping this thread going thats fine with me, lets see how low you all can sink

Last edited:
Oh a slur brought you back

If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe you didn't come back because today wasn't a turkey shoot. Today the bullies got called out.

The more mud you throw, the lower you sink. You are now in confederacy with the likes of the guy who alluded to calling on the revenuers. You threaten keeping this thread going thats fine with me, lets see how low you all can sink

Apparently you didn't get the memo speedy, they want this thread to stop, I guess you want to keep it going, is that correct?

OK, speak up, or shutup! What do you guys want from me? It's high time a mod stepped in and straightened this mess out. All some of you are doing is looking for a fight. Take it somewhere else where your wanted.

Brad, my recomendation is that you disengage. This sorry thread will never die if you continue posting. If you stop, it will fade out by tomorrow. If you keep posting, your just exposing yourself to needless "incoming fire", and this thing will be well past 500 posts before the end of the weekend. I know that this thread keeps you on the front page, but geez you can't be enjoying this experience, can you?

I sensed from the get-go that this idea could blow up in your face, but I thought a saw might have to blow up first. Maybe it's better that the whole thing grenaded sooner, rather than later anyway. If anything went wrong with any of the test saws, it was going to come back to you. Whether it was the piston's fault, an air leak, bad gas, dirty wood, a full moon, bad music on the radio, it would have been your fault. It would be, "Hey Brad, my saw quit, what are YOU gonna do?" And it no doubt would have been played out here on the open forum just like we are seeing now, perhaps even nastier. I think that the $50 thing probably set a few guys off more that you expected. If they were being asked to put their saw on the line, and pay the shipping, then you should have been willing to donate your time to pop the piston in there. People get funny when they think someone else is "making money".

There have been some contentious threads on here before, but I'm kind of surprised at how personal and vicious this one has gotten. I still think the original idea was a horrible one, for the reasons I stated many pages ago. But I was blasting the idea itself, not Brad. And I didn't think that just by reading his posts, that I was able to read his mind, and come up with some kind of ulterior motive for what he was doing.

We need to move on guys.

Brad; lead the way. :cheers:

Apparently you didn't get the memo speedy, they want this thread to stop, I guess you want to keep it going, is that correct?

Old darling I did read it word for word. I just might surprise you with what I retained from reading this thread

Like you said yesterday "Have a seat ole boy, this one is gonna get ripe and fun,hehe"

Nobody here speaks for anyone else, we are all grown men and we are all accountable for what we say and what we condone. If some people want things to stop before they get any worse, I can't blame them for being more peaceable than I am feeling. Like you said yesterday "I am not bored at all I am feeling quite frisky"

Last edited:
Back