Dolmar 5100 Cylinder Problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bias here and you are right about right out of the box but 1/2 second. O and by the way that honor was handed off to the 357:)

357, whats a 357, oh ok, thats Husky's all purpose saw,LOLOL I've run and 357 and its a nice saw, I liked it. Its got nothing on a 361 and to me the 361 is much prettier so you know which one will be in my hands,LOLOLOL

Yes a 1/2 second isn't much to be arguing over. Husky gotem on the handling with the 346 but they didn't getem on the power. CC for CC Dolmar is almost unbeatable in the cut.

To me any business spending any effort is measured in money. Time spent organizing the JD deal is done by Stihl employee's therefore money is spent. That time would have been spent in other targeted area's had the JD opportunity not appeared on the horizon...Therefore Stihl "bought" into the plan and changed the direction of efforts by "investing" the time of some of its employee's. Hence my statement.

I agree with Mr. Stihl's statement and your analysis of that statement. The difference between Stihl and others companies is who owns and therefore sets priority...I think I posted something along these lines a few pages back relative to the appearance of Stihl's corperate culture. It is different than the typical.

Stihl the company wants to be in the higher quality segment of the market place..and thats another reason the JD opportunity was attractive. Their company philosophies are similar. In addition the rise of the Husqvarna "Power Equipment" Stores are competition to the old John Deere Small Tractor/ Home and Garden type places. John Deere and Stihl NEED each other.

Husqvarna has channeled its lower cost products thru retail distribution lines protecting their name hiding behind Poulan...and LEVERAGING their name in the next level stores like TSC and Lowes. They have kept the true professional lines to be sold at either saw specific dealers or these "Power Equipment" dealers. A good stratagy. They have built a tremendous band width of sales channels, very powerful stuff;....MY fear is Husqvarna will creap to the dark side and follow others into the abiss of high volume, low margin, consumer saws because that approach requires less engineering/marketing/support & therefore better on the ballance sheet and do exactly as Mr. Peter Stihl prophesises. They would loose their identity first, and then because of the high cost of engineering & support vs. return, drop the Pro lines second. This hasn't happened yet...

What is Husqvarna's identity anyway? (vs. Stihl) They started as a firearm's manufacturer..hence the "gunsite" logo. They branched into everything from Sewing machines to motorcycles..got bought out by an appliance manufacturer..the motorcycle line was ejected to Italy to be morphed into first Cagiva, and then back to Husqvarna under Italian ownership; to be bought out by BMW the motorcycle company! The saws got spit out of the appliance company along with all the other brands labels...and now they have morphed into a full line power equipment company building everything from lawn mowers to chainsaws!

Stihl is still Stihl. A parallel company in spirit is KTM of the motorcycle world. Their moto is to build "ready to race" competition motorcycles. They have. They will for a long time. They hold their racing heritage and identy dear to their corperate hearts. As Stihl does its history in the Chainsaw world.

Having said that...and you want to look into the future...do a little reseach on a company named Autodesk. Its a real interesting story, one that a person interested in marketing should research and understand as it will play out over and over again in market after market. Even in this market.

Good post but to say Stihl bought into the JD deal I don't quite understand. If you mean they bought into the idea your correct, spent money to get JD to take on thier product line, no. They are merely shipping product to JD like they do they other 35,000 dealers worldwide.

I do however understand they will both share the advertising costs so there you have a point concerning money spent but that bennifts both parties, not just one.

I like your posts. Unlike these cats haggling over saws you put out some good info, I appreciate the insight into marketing that you pocess. I'll read up on Autodesk and check it out, :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

You posted that video of the TST ..........So were you saying its not TST and its stock or some one else modded it ??

No you are just telling me how much it cost me to get it modded in your little speach. I told you what it cost and you said I was full of it. I will wager right now of how much the tst mod cost.

No you are just telling me how much it cost me to get it modded in your little speach. I told you what it cost and you said I was full of it. I will wager right now of how much the tst mod cost.

It cost you 0

It would cost anybody else 400 +

You even sent me an email telling me how much and where to send a saw ...

Two Stroke Technologies

And i bet anyone contacting them for a mod won't get it for free. probably several hundred bucks

Yes never said it wasn't

Well lets back up here a second. When you posted that vid in reply to one of my posts you never said IT WAS MODDED either,LOLOLOL

You shoulda been nice and said Tom my modded 346 will outcut a stock 5100easily. I woulda said no schit,LOLOLOL

Well lets back up here a second. When you posted that vid in reply to one of my posts you never said IT WAS MODDED either,LOLOLOL

You shoulda been nice and said Tom my modded 346 will outcut a stock 5100easily. I woulda said no schit,LOLOLOL

Ah look again young man right on top of the video is one of those slow 346xp. Just repling to your half second.:):)

Back