Stihl guy is gonna buy a Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont need a 90cc saw, i was looking for a 70cc saw and wound up with a 77cc saw which weighed the same as a 441. im not disappointed with the saw and you dont have any idea what i gave for the saw. ive never heard of a "Johnny". none around here. no 90cc huskys around here either, wasnt looking for one. i see you own a stihl trimmer. :laugh:

So says every other Stihl head. It's Johnsered argueably the sexiest saw on the planet. And yes, I do own a Stihl fs 250 trimmer. I dont use it though- it's overkill, that's why I bought it at the time (years ago to tame the jungle). I much prefer the Husqvarna 323L for manicured trimming.:laugh:

Impressive piece of hardware. The 260 Pro can now take a breather. Congrats.

thank you. cut a full cord with it this afternoon. very impressed. buried the 20" bar in southern red oak. torque is unbelievable. it will do more. i have a 25" b c to put on it as well.

ST.... you are just one of those last word people. ill let you have it. reply?

thank you. cut a full cord with it this afternoon. very impressed. buried the 20" bar in southern red oak. torque is unbelievable. it will do more. i have a 25" b c to put on it as well.

Congrats on your new saw!

I had an uncle tell me once "They can't get your goat if They don't know where it's Tied."

It's all in fun.

Now cut with one of these, drag it up a hill, fell a tree with it, then come back and tell me how heavy a modern saw is, all new saws are light weights including the 90cc ones.

995G004.jpg

So not cool...

follower? of what maybe some entertainment. IT'S A FORUM. take off your skirt and join in...and try not to call anyone out please. i was enjoying myself until i saw this:angry:

I agree....Yeah, I too WAS also enjoying this...To me there is no reason to start calling names. A Follower ? That's Just not cool... Last I checked, we all have our own opinions and favorite saws, but at least there most all here has basic respect for each other and everyone's views.

Name calling belongs in preschool...Not here...:sucks:

ahh. it takes a while to feel everybody out and make some friends- this place can be intimidating at first. Thick skin will come with some time on here shooting the bull. I was trying to get to the guy to see what he was all about. We got a common reaction from a new member- but still no foul. I cant stand flippy caps by the way.:potstir: Poor guy got an injury with his new saw either today or yesterday (he started another thread entitled "Safety Equipt").

Last edited:
Well I guess congratulations, me personally, I would drive out of state to get my 372xpw but then i use them daily and appreciate husky's superior performance.
Again congrats I'm sure it will suit your needs.

So let us know!

With the newfound joy of the 372, let us know what the "Stihl guy buys a Husky" thinks about it. Personally, I think the 372 is a fine machine that has probably the best durability in the business. The worn out 372s have a lot of hours on them.....

Maybe you need a pair of them?

View attachment 268170

OP got a 461 instead.:bang: Thread should have the title changed to "In a moment of clarity Stihl Guy was thinking about buying a Husky, but just couldnt go thru with it" :poke:

The thread started very positive but then ended with a 461? Talk about a thread going into a spin.:dizzy:
Quick, chop the engine… full rudder… forward pressure on controls!

He sure missed a fine opportunity! :hmm3grin2orange:

Agree. There is no better opportunity to switch to Husqvarna than the 70cc range.

Now that I think about it- there is no better opportunity to switch to Husqvarna than the 50cc range- 346/550, the 60cc range- 562xp, the 70cc range- 365/372, mid 80's range- 390xp, 90cc- 395, or over 100cc- the 3120xp. In truth, there is no better time to switch to Husky than the next time you find yourself needing a new high performance saw.:laugh::potstir:

Back