Jonsered 2156 vs 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't talking about the prices themselves. (Both of your prices are pretty good) I was referring to the fact that neither saw is on the current price list at all, as they are no longer available. If he has to order it, he's out of luck.

I suspect the Jonsered distribution in the US will be improved in the near future! :msp_smile:

Last edited:
2156, 2159, = no computer to work on them. The others REQUIRE one and a supporting dealer that knows how to use it. My big question is will the husky support theese new at's 10-15 yrs down the road or will we simply throw them away when the coils and carbs are NLA? Im not hating here I like them all I am just manking an observation. They are very light, very powerfu, very innovative. Lets see how they hold up!

What makes you say that? I am lucky to have a dealer close to me, but they are few and far between around here.

Just a hunch, based on the little info that is out.

It can't be considered normal that important models goes NLA without any replacement, for one....

I wrote this yesterday, in another thread;

Maybe Tiltons contract (distribution rights?) is out, and Husky is reorganising Jonsered distribution accordingly?

This is just a thought, I don't really know anything about it.

One negative result of it could be that the time of Jonsered branded Tsumura bars may be at an end....

The heading of that thread was; "Tilton Equipment no longer Distributing Jonsered Equipment".

The red version of the 555 is the 2258 - but it isn't out yet in North America.

The PP 505 is a much larger saw, 82cc vs. 60...
Oh I know it's a monster! I am going to fix it up and give it to a friend who has a mill but no saw to run it. I was just having some fun been a wile since I posted holy moly lot's of new saw models out!

Oh I know it's a monster! I am going to fix it up and give it to a friend who has a mill but no saw to run it. I was just having some fun been a wile since I posted holy moly lot's of new saw models out!

Yes, a lot has happened on the chainsaw market the last few years! :msp_smile:

Welcome back, btw! :cheers:

Giving myself till 2Moro after work to make a decision. Gonna be a tuff 1...

So I dont have to go back and read again...... are you still down to the 2156/2159 debate? 2159 as everyone knows is the same as the 359. One of our builders here reported great gains out of the 359 he did for unatool out west. In fact he was quoted as saying that the "359 responds better to mods than any other saw he had done" that was until he did the 562.:laugh: Look forward to hearing what you come away with.

Yep still between those 2. Right now biggest thing is $560 vs. $650...

if you dont get the more expensive pro saw, it may bother you later on. (not saying anything is wrong with the 2159/359) just that it is easier to come up with another $90 to pay the difference than it is to come up with another $650 if you find yourself wondering what the 2156 would have been like.

Latest posts

Back