So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday,

went to work for 5 hours, got home and mowed the yard (last time this year hopefully)

Today I think I will get out the sprayer and hit it with 2-4-D (wind permitting)

Friday little Bro' came over and we (over) loaded his 3/4 ton and trailer with some beautiful barkless White Ash.

2 60cc saws and his 116si was just running out O' gas on his last cut, my 359 still had a little left.

One tank each, not bad for nearly three ton O' wood eh?

I split a bunch of wood yesterday after not being used to as much exercise, today I'm resting my aching muscles(fat, actually) and waiting for the football game to start. Colts got a bye this week but wife and I have adopted the Broncos as our second home team. Tomorrow I'll probably have to find a place for some of the short pieces of wood that wouldn't stack, probably throw it against my shop. Tested a few saws while I had the wood in my yard also.

Well let's see

1. Went to work and shot 100' of rock on a trench job

2. Picked up my daughters from my dads went and got my 2101 to cut some locust

3. Fought with the ex wife a bit
4. Watched a house burn down while the girls and I cut and loaded a cord of locust
5. Grilled some steak and cooked some rice with cininmon and sugar, (girls' favorite)

I put about 3 tanks of gas through my $30 034 super and it worked flawlessly! I cut a bunch of standing dead elm and the first arm load went into the stove! Now for a shower and shave and a nice quiet evening with my beautiful wife!

The trek fuel sure is a nice bike! XT shadow rear derailleur just like mine. I have fat bars also but mine are FSA's, fit my hands much better and dont end up with sore forearms after long rides. I currently have a Charge Duster CrMo steel hardtail that i built last year. I sold my GT Avalanche to my brother as he outgrew his Cannondale.

I am currently building up a brand new 2006 Norco EXC 1.0 FS Dual suspension frame with all high spec stuff, Rock Shox Recon Race, Shimano XT or better components and Mavic Crossmax wheel set (also 2006 models and brand new!) It will be my new off road race bike.

View attachment 378402
Sweet i put a shimano Zee derailleur on. I was going to go with a saint but i have a tendency to rip them off bombing hills. I dont finesse much, i usually ride out of control lmao. Nice bike, im looking at a knolly warden frame right now. Who knows tho, my trek is good enough for me. Before this i had a kona cadabra.

Anyways back on topic, went to breakfast this morning with the better half. She left for work and i went to a buddies house, we are getting our trucks ready for Moab in May.

Today I spent some time with my recent $50 conquest 385XP. I swapped out the drive sprocket and spent a little time piddling around and tuning it. I decided that I like the power of the big saw. Maybe I'll spend the $$ to port it...

emp_32-M.jpg

I brought home a nice Rockwell 11"x? lathe and since there was an old Bridgeport mill, plus the trailer had room it decided to hitch a ride. Boy the old mill sure had the tractor light in the rear during the unloading----even with a lot of the weight removed.

........and I left the camera at home.

I knocked down a maple for a good friend of mine this afternoon. Before that I cleaned the gutters on a good friends place. 3 story townhouse plus owner that is deathly afraid of heights = "just clean the gutters and I'll pay ya whatever ya want". LOL I asked for 20 bucks and he gave me 100. Said its a small price to pay for not having to climb a ladder himself.

Time on two wheels is always goodness. :)

Surprisingly enough, more people don't know this.

I feel sad for those that have never thrown a leg over a big road bike, and held on for dear life.

Time on two wheels can cure most anything, if given a chance, and properly administered.

Surprisingly enough, more people don't know this.

I feel sad for those that have never thrown a leg over a big road bike, and held on for dear life.

Time on two wheels can cure most anything, if given a chance, and properly administered.
What are you riding? Did a 1600 mile four day trip to the the smokies with a couple guys from work. Tail of the Dragon, the Cherohola Skyway, the Moonshiner,and the Blue Ridge Parkway from Maggie Valley to Asheville. Fifth time on this trip but still as exciting as the first time there. Wanna point my Harley out west next.

What are you riding? Did a 1600 mile four day trip to the the smokies with a couple guys from work. Tail of the Dragon, the Cherohola Skyway, the Moonshiner,and the Blue Ridge Parkway from Maggie Valley to Asheville. Fifth time on this trip but still as exciting as the first time there. Wanna point my Harley out west next.

I have a 2003 BMW R1150RT. I sold my 2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200R about 18 months ago. Decided it was time to concentrate on just one bike. Kind of still miss it though................:(

Latest posts

Back