So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hit a deer with my motorcycle in 1987 ish. Killed the deer, I came out ok. I had previously hit a large racoon and a few other smaller critters, all at night. I pretty much avoid riding at night since then but just a couple months ago almost hit a deer again in broad daylight. Deer was running 60 and I saw it coming but couldn't slow down enough. Missed it by inches. Been thinking about hanging up my leathers but just haven't done it yet. I ride very little anymore, probably not enough to justify plates and insurance.

Parents were riding the yamaha venture on some backroads, a deer came out just ran into the side of them. They didnt go down but one of the saddle bags got crunched and my moms leg got a nice bruise. They were lucky.

I hit a deer with my motorcycle in 1987 ish. Killed the deer, I came out ok. I had previously hit a large racoon and a few other smaller critters, all at night. I pretty much avoid riding at night since then but just a couple months ago almost hit a deer again in broad daylight. Deer was running 60 and I saw it coming but couldn't slow down enough. Missed it by inches. Been thinking about hanging up my leathers but just haven't done it yet. I ride very little anymore, probably not enough to justify plates and insurance.

There's one bike I would consider getting and riding again, should I ever find a deal the same time I have the scratch in hand. That's a Rokon. Street legal two wheel drive tractor!

Ya, I know not a big cruiser or road racer superbike (although I enjoyed all the hayabusa vids I have watched....), but..the only design I have seen that would fit my lifestyle, which is mostly offroad, with some pavement action now and then. Street legal is a plus, super dooper offroad capability point A to B is insanely cool. Not interested in any conventional dirt bike.

Most fun motorcycle riding ever? Going to the Sun road in Glacier National Park, and riding in the Sahara Desert in Timbuktu back in 1989 on a borrowed water cooled Kawasaki.

Picked up a trailer load of oak that came down in my sister's yard. Piled up and waiting to be worked on in the spring for next year's wood. Spent a couple hours cleaning Mom's gutters. That was the weekend. Today I finally re-did the stock on my Chas Daly 20ga. side by side. Got it 40 yrs ago...Stock was beat up by my cousin and myself in the brush in the U.P.!...Stripped it, sanded, brought up a few dents with a steam iron, stained and got a coat of TruOil on it. Tomorrow I'll hit it w/some steel wool then do a few more coats of TruOil/ sw. Then a few coats of conditioner (gun wax). My all time favorite grouse gun. Gotta couple folks wanting it...Waiting for the weather to change around here.

One of my favorites rides is / was Hwy. 1 / 101 on the west coast. :rock:
I tried that once, it was so foggy on Highway one I could barely see the edge of the road, let alone any scenery. So I went inland to 101 and that was about the same. I've been on both of those roads in cars and the weather was great then.

I tried that once, it was so foggy on Highway one I could barely see the edge of the road, let alone any scenery. So I went inland to 101 and that was about the same. I've been on both of those roads in cars and the weather was great then.

Yup.....time of year and good weather is imperative. I don't mind riding in cold at all. I can even handle some wind. I don't like it being too hot, but I'll ride if that's it.

But....I absolutely hate the rain. I just hate it. :mad:

Side X sides just feel right for grouse, quail, etc.
I have a few, AYA, Parker, Model B Fox and a couple more. All 20ga.

Let the TruOil dry in a low humidity area, it cures better and deeper into the wood.
Rub the first coats in hard, use the heel of your palm.

At the farm we hunt deer to control them. I bought the farm for dove and quail.

gasgas 250 xcr......

I am a Gasgas rider too. 300EC....I made up some trick oversized radiators from some KTM cores. Great woods tractor.

gasgas%20004-M.jpg

I groveled around in the forest lookin for suppin burnable and built a 272 and met with two foresters. We talked trees and were on the same wavelength.

One of my most favorite dirt bikes I've ever owned was a 1986 XR-600R Honda, that I bought brand-new in the Fall of 1987 for $1895.00 OTD. It was so very easy to ride fast w/o really even trying. It was also the most dependable dirt bike I've ever owned.

It made power thru-out it's entire rpm range. It was the darkest horse of any dark horse you could ride. Rode it a lot and put some good miles on it, but it never suffered any abuse or neglect. Cared for it like I would have any m/c of mine.

Ended up selling it in 2012 for $300.00 more than I paid for it way back in 1987. Because of it's excellent overall condition, I had a bidding war for it at one time.

I listed it on CL and had people calling me from all over the state. The buyer drove over 400 miles to buy it based only on the pics I had posted and what we had spoke about over the phone. It wasn't until I had accepted his cash and signed the title over to him, that he admitted he was willing to go as high as $2500.00 for it.

DSC00123.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00124.JPG
    DSC00124.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00125.JPG
    DSC00125.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00126.JPG
    DSC00126.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 14
One of my most favorite dirt bikes I've ever owned was a 1986 XR-600R Honda, that I bought brand-new in the Fall of 1987 for $1895.00 OTD. It was so very easy to ride fast w/o really even trying. It was also the most dependable dirt bike I've ever owned.

It made power thru-out it's entire rpm range. It was the darkest horse of any dark horse you could ride. Rode it a lot and put some good miles on it, but it never suffered any abuse or neglect. Cared for it like I would have any m/c of mine.

Ended up selling it in 2012 for $300.00 more than I paid for it way back in 1987. Because of it's excellent overall condition, I had a bidding war for it at one time.

I listed it on CL and had people calling me from all over the state. The buyer drove over 400 miles to buy it based only on the pics I had posted and what we had spoke about over the phone. It wasn't until I had accepted his cash and signed the title over to him, that he admitted he was willing to go as high as $2500.00 for it.
Was that the dual carb contraption??? I rode one was a heavy ill starting pig.

Latest posts

Back