Inside the "Triple Nickel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A gutted 555 muffler will make it real loud. I don't know if I would gut one completely if I had another one.
lts funny how some models respond to muff modds. The 550xp many say makes quite a big difference but its not so much of a suprise nowdays when no gains are achieved. Quite a few of my new saws dont take well to it however the louver gills Brad did for me on a saw do keep your hands nice and toasty warm when holding the saw on its side. Its not whitefinger l worry about now its crispyfinger you gotta watch out for.

So does Autotune turn down any rpms that could have been gained with the muffler mods ? Not letting you get gains like the older carb saws ?

lts funny how some models respond to muff modds. The 550xp many say makes quite a big difference but its not so much of a suprise nowdays when no gains are achieved. Quite a few of my new saws dont take well to it however the louver gills Brad did for me on a saw do keep your hands nice and toasty warm when holding the saw on its side. Its not whitefinger l worry about now its crispyfinger you gotta watch out for.
My 550 is muffler modded only. It's real low.on my list of wants to spend time to port it.

So does Autotune turn down any rpms that could have been gained with the muffler mods ? Not letting you get gains like the older carb saws ?
You won't notice any gains on the 60cc saws as the amount of metal inside the muffler is stupid! Also the ports are tiny, so that doesn't allow much of a mod until the saw itself is ported. I'm interested to see what brad does, as I'll be porting my 560xp soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6cf52d1e284b9120a4e5e19468e93fbb.jpg
0ad5baefb1119bbaef1c2f627c6a2b6c.jpg
. My 555 muff mod

I haven't read any tech article on AutoTune, but here's how MTronic works. The tach in the coil monitors RPM multiple times per second. It signals the servo that replaces the H needle in the carb to either add or pull fuel. Depending on how that affects RPM, it will make another adjustment, thereby constantly tuning for max RPMs. There are no other parameters besides RPMs for WOT tuning. It knows nothing about O2 levels, MAP, or the like. It knows nothing about timing. Timing is fixed with preset values, also based on RPM. It is not adjusted real time like the fuel. It has set parameters. Hereby, the saw is capable of tuning itself for changing weather conditions, fuel quality, porting, etc. As these variables affect fuel needs, the saw senses it through how fueling changes affect RPMs, and adjusts accordingly. It really is just that simple.

In lies the prob with these new servo systems.

Can you imagine the gunked up mess after one sits for a year or two with 'gas' in it?

It all boils down to the parameters the engineers put in the loop.

Does anyone have a REAL programmer for them?

so what specifically are the differences between the 555 and 562

also isn't this labeled inside the 555?
did i miss some pics?

what gives i say what i gives?

so what specifically are the differences between the 555 and 562
Bar mount pattern (555 is k095, 562 is d009)
High top air filter (although they're interchangeable)
562 has a longer crankshaft
562 has higher output oiler
Different carb
Different cylinder
Crank stuffers
Different clutch drums (also interchangeable)
Heated handle option (XP only)

If i remember correct,the cyl has the same casting # on them.the difference is the transfer covers.
I think that is what Mitch told me.

If i remember correct,the cyl has the same casting # on them.the difference is the transfer covers.
I think that is what Mitch told me.
Yes, similar to the 365/372, but afaik you can't buy the covers separate.
It's odd that the USA gets the 555 and 562, considering the direct saws are 556 > 562xp and 555 > 560xp. But you get the j'red 2260 (which is the 560). I assume the hi-top filter gives a bit more flow and power too? Considering the 562 and 560 produce the same power, despite the 562 having bigger attachments?

Back