Inside the "Triple Nickel"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this stage of the saws life l'd be staying away from synthetics. The first few tanks of fuel are important for a saws future. l would use a regular oil to help breakin rather than one that promotes blowby....yeah l know ya all disagree.

I have experienced the opposite, less smoke/smell period, when compared to the other oils I've used. Do you think maybe the AT is still adjusting itself, and is running rich at idle and maybe WOT as well?

Glad you finally got your hands on one of those smoking hot little Husky 60cc saw.:D
Actually, I've noticed the smoke with all of the saws I've run it in. Maybe it's just in my head:eek:

Enough with this oil ****. Is the saw ported yet? I figured you'd be out cutting in the nice warm weather.
You know me too well, lol. I had trouble going to sleep last night. I hate stopping in the middle of a project. I was thinking about what I wanted to do with it and how to best go about it.

At this stage of the saws life l'd be staying away from synthetics. The first few tanks of fuel are important for a saws future. l would use a regular oil to help breakin rather than one that promotes blowby....yeah l know ya all disagree.

That is bogus info.

With the modern coatings break-in is null and void.

Micro finish is where it's at, the pressure behind the rings is golden.

IMG_4090-L.jpg

IMG_4091-L.jpg

saddest thing I've seen all day... :(

That is bogus info.

With the modern coatings break-in is null and void.

Micro finish is where it's at, the pressure behind the rings is golden.

If break in is null and void, how come it takes several tanks for the saw to "wake up" and see increases in performance/power?

A popup makes sense in these saws........but I'm geared up to do the squish mod....so I cut that instead.

If break in is null and void, how come it takes several tanks for the saw to "wake up" and see increases in performance/power?

It's the tightness in the bottom end that gets looser Mike. Ring seal don't change much.

That happened to my 2253 and a week later to my 2260. The decompression valve resets every time the starter is pulled.:cry:
As expensive as these saws are and the reputation that the company wants from them, you'd think this wouldn't happen. My dealer said he'd keep one on hand for me. Might have to just go back to a 2159..............

As expensive as these saws are and the reputation that the company wants from them, you'd think this wouldn't happen. My dealer said he'd keep one on hand for me. Might have to just go back to a 2159..............
What's the comp on that 2260? Probably worth mentioning...;)

I was waiting for someone to cry, lol. It works! I've seen no evidence at all to suggest that there is a measurable difference in performance between cutting the squishband and making a popup. From what I see, cutting the squishband is a useful method when needing to lower exhaust or transfer port timing, or when wanting more compression than can be had with a popup. Neither of those are a requirement for this build.

Back