562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we switched to Yamalube 2R, Jon's 562XP has been flawless. I've put several gallons thru it in the last couple of months. Great saw.

Must of missed that in one of the threads. No more belray? I still have an unopened can of belray, I switched to lucas air cooled at 1/2 the price, around that anyway.. I'll try the yamagoo if it is significantly better than anything else.

You should come and deal with this POS of mine for a while then. You might change your mind. Only took a year and two saws to get it fixed the first time. I'm just tired of fighting it. It had became my "go to" saw until this last episode. When a piece of equipment starts becoming unreliable on the job, it's time for it to go. Customers don't like to pay you while working on your equipment.
Like I said, trade it fer a 362...

Since we switched to Yamalube 2R, Jon's 562XP has been flawless. I've put several gallons thru it in the last couple of months. Great saw.
Same result with my t540.
My 562 doesn't seem to care what fuel goes in it, and I haven't had the 550 long enough to really tell.

Same result with my t540.
My 562 doesn't seem to care what fuel goes in it, and I haven't had the 550 long enough to really tell.
I have a friend that works for a tree service and has / had a 550 and fought hot start issues for over a year. The dealer kept telling him to try all sorts of stuff. Chanting incantations, doing the Hokie Pokie dance, all sorts of stupid stuff other than just pick it up and go. Last week he stopped at the Stihl dealer and came out with a 261. He pulled the 550 out of the toolbox on the chip truck and threw it in the back on the chips and dumped it at the landfill with the chips. I hope you have better luck with yours.

I have a friend that works for a tree service and has / had a 550 and fought hot start issues for over a year. The dealer kept telling him to try all sorts of stuff. Chanting incantations, doing the Hokie Pokie dance, all sorts of stupid stuff other than just pick it up and go. Last week he stopped at the Stihl dealer and came out with a 261. He pulled the 550 out of the toolbox on the chip truck and threw it in the back on the chips and dumped it at the landfill with the chips. I hope you have better luck with yours.
Haha! I'd be shocked if a small engine made me go to those lengths - but each to their own.
Now I'll just finish my lunch and go start that 550. Not sure that I'll be able to test hot starts as the wind is straight off Antarctica today and it'd freeze the nuts off a brass monkey.

Haha! I'd be shocked if a small engine made me go to those lengths - but each to their own.
Now I'll just finish my lunch and go start that 550. Not sure that I'll be able to test hot starts as the wind is straight off Antarctica today and it'd freeze the nuts off a brass monkey.
That 550 started on 3 pulls when it left here[emoji1]

You have a friend eh??

All I have is over 200 tanks and counting on a 562...
Still runnin..
And I can manage to get it started with the old, un-dependable carb...
It's a fantastic machine..

You should trade yours for a 362..
Enjoy...
Lol.

not to mention the top end on hedgerows saw was ported before it ever saw the first tank of fuel. :yes:
G'day Terry!

My 562 had less than 20 tanks of fuel before you sent me a ported top end, dunno how many tanks has been through it since, but I've used 25' of chain. Still feels as fresh as the day it was bolted back together.

You have a friend eh??

All I have is over 200 tanks and counting on a 562...
Still runnin..
And I can manage to get it started with the old, un-dependable carb...
It's a fantastic machine..

Enjoy...
Lol.
Matt, I guess you didn't get the memo. That saw is a piece a **** & should be thrown in the landfill...

Back