562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that randy bought 2 newcarbs from me to try and if he still feels this way then theres definitely a good reason for it.

Yeah, I'm not brand loyal by any means but this is the second Husky saw that I own and quite possibly the last, all because of lousy dealership response. The same goes for Husky USA headquarters also. They hide behind their dealer network. When you try to find a way to contact them, you always get routed to "Find my Dealer". I'm trying to find a way to get in touch with my area Husky representative, maybe he can find someone local that has the stuff to work on my saw.

You wanna help see this "dealers won't get the tool or training" nonsense fixed? Take husky corporate to small claims court. They advertise servicing dealers, yet you go to one, your local dealer, and they aren't, can't or won't work on your husky saw, that's fraud. What's cool about small claims is, they can't send a lawyer, but they do have to send somebody official, and if they don't, you win. Your saw cost decent coin, your time is worth something, etc. come up with some figures and sue their azz. That'll wake up up becvause if they know they will lose claiming all these dealers are servicing dealers when they are *not*, it will be a lot cheaper for them to just GIVE the dang tool to the dealers and insist they learn to use it.

I bet a lot of this is bubbas at these dealerships who have brainwashed themselves in advance into thinking they don't "get" computers so no way...dang, it is just a simple tool.

This is 2014, human beings need to "get" computers to some extent, they ain't going away. Especially some place like a dealership selling new jazz. Every other motorized whatever has scary "computers" in it now, so tough noogies on the small engine guys who refuse to get with the program, let them go bankrupt. That's capitalism. If the big corporation can't deal with this, getting their dealers in line, heck with it, let them go bankrupt as well.

All I know is, with an older saw you got a screwdriver, with a newer saw, I would want the tool and software, because..back to this is 2014, you need to deal with tech advances if you want new tech. But at a *minimum* the freeking dealers should be required to have it and know how to use it.

I am rather...low income..., but when I finally had to work on a new enough vehicle that it needed and helped to have an obd reader, I bought one. A DEALER can't get a cheap tool? Screw em, small claims court for advertising full service and not having it. Fraud.

You wanna help see this "dealers won't get the tool or training" nonsense fixed? Take husky corporate to small claims court. They advertise servicing dealers, yet you go to one, your local dealer, and they aren't, can't or won't work on your husky saw, that's fraud. What's cool about small claims is, they can't send a lawyer, but they do have to send somebody official, and if they don't, you win. Your saw cost decent coin, your time is worth something, etc. come up with some figures and sue their azz. That'll wake up up becvause if they know they will lose claiming all these dealers are servicing dealers when they are *not*, it will be a lot cheaper for them to just GIVE the dang tool to the dealers and insist they learn to use it.

I bet a lot of this is bubbas at these dealerships who have brainwashed themselves in advance into thinking they don't "get" computers so no way...dang, it is just a simple tool.

This is 2014, human beings need to "get" computers to some extent, they ain't going away. Especially some place like a dealership selling new jazz. Every other motorized whatever has scary "computers" in it now, so tough noogies on the small engine guys who refuse to get with the program, let them go bankrupt. That's capitalism. If the big corporation can't deal with this, getting their dealers in line, heck with it, let them go bankrupt as well.

All I know is, with an older saw you got a screwdriver, with a newer saw, I would want the tool and software, because..back to this is 2014, you need to deal with tech advances if you want new tech. But at a *minimum* the freeking dealers should be required to have it and know how to use it.

I am rather...low income..., but when I finally had to work on a new enough vehicle that it needed and helped to have an obd reader, I bought one. A DEALER can't get a cheap tool? Screw em, small claims court for advertising full service and not having it. Fraud.

Yep, I can't agree more. I went to another dealer, that doesn't have the ability to work on them either, yesterday morning to see if they could put me in touch with the area rep, maybe he can find me somebody to work on my saw, and we were discussing the situation. I explained to him that sooner or later, everybody will have to get on board and learn computer controlled small engines because they're on the way and fast. Just like when automobiles went from carburetors to fuel injection. If you didn't keep up, you went out of business. He stood there for a minute thinking and finally said "I probably ought to get one of them readers and learn how to use it, makes sense." DUH . Anyway, that dealer called the area rep and left a voice mail. About an hour later, the dealer called me and said there was another dealer in a town about 40 minutes away that had the tool and software. It's a little bitty rinky dink dealer stuck back around behind a big old abandoned warehouse. Had no idea that he was there. He has my saw right now, we'll see what happens now.

they have the at tool down to a bit over a $100,any can purchase the tool ,even customers. problem being to get the new software to be able to reload or update the saw takes logging in as a dealer to the Husqvarna site.but you can use the tool for diagnosing problems even without the new software updates.

Is there any chance I could get the information on how to order this tool. I'd love to have one and would even take it with me to the dealer and show them how to use it when I took my saw in to them. Heck I'd probably leave it there with them if they seemed to like it.

Yes. Shouldn't cost anymore than a two hour round trip X2 for a local dealer.

You're exactly right but that's not the point. I'm not upset because the saw's not working, I"m upset at the dealer support, or lack there of. The saw is a machine. All machines have or will have some sort of problem sooner or later. You should be able to take any name brand machine to any full line dealer and have it repaired without having to ship it off unless you live somewhere like the Alaskan outback. I should be able to take that saw to any full line Husqvarna dealer and have it repaired and there are quite a few full line dealers within 30-45 minutes of me. I've never had to ship a car, truck, tractor, loader, stove, refrigerator, washing machine, etc. away to have it repaired or updated and I feel that this saw should be no different. That's one of the reasons that I try to buy brands that have a large dealer network. I absolutely do not like John Deere equipment but they have the biggest dealer network and parts or service are always just a phone call away, the ONLY reason that I use some JD equipment.

I hear what you are saying Terry. However, it seems that the problems are not on saws right out of the box, but developing several months into ownership.

Mine required a new carb right out of the box. The new carb is good except for the off idle response after 5 seconds or so like almost everyone is complaining about. The next 562 will be ported and I will pay for a new carb if needed. $100 is not worth a headache. Life's too short to be dealing with a problem every time you use something. And whoever ports the next one will get paid for their time to run it, I for one am sick of dealing with people who think my time is worth nothing and I don't expect someone to spend time for me for nothing. CJ

Is there any chance I could get the information on how to order this tool. I'd love to have one and would even take it with me to the dealer and show them how to use it when I took my saw in to them. Heck I'd probably leave it there with them if they seemed to like it.
Contact tlandrum. I just ordered one for myself through him.

It can be ordered by any Husqvarna/Jonsered dealer. Buying one as a consumer is pretty much useless as you would not have access to firmware and software updates. Which are essential in the real world.

Both local Stihl & Husky dealers in town are cautious about new technologies. Stihl tech will offer no opinion on M-tronic until it's been in the field for 5 years. Husky dealer grumbles about EPA forcing a lot of good saws off the market and would rather maintain a 372 than a 562. So, do you roll the dice on an AT saw with a dealer who is a hotshot on repairing the older saws but isn't up to speed yet on diagnosing and repairing AT? Another thing: Husqvarna has handed dealers a hot potato with the 550/562 saws IMO.

Last edited:
Some dealers can't even answer a question about the saws on the shelf or chain so how would they know anything about AT or MT.

Sent from my Autotune Carb

I went Thursday morning and bought the last MS362 with a carburetor in the area because of that. The local dealers say that the next batch of 362s that they get in will all be M tronics.

Latest posts

Back