A Sunday, MS250, Red Oak and me. Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had old coils on old Stihl saws take a dump. Not new ones.

Nice firewood action. I still need about five more truckloads to last me this winter. And I have a 12 foot flatbed!:dizzy:

I'm a big proponent of handling firewood as few times as possible. I split it from the ground before it goes on my truck and then it goes straight from the truck to the stack. Would such an arrangement work for you where you are? It looks as if it would save you some work.:cheers:

I don't mean to highjack your thread stihl sawing, but I might try that next year in the cooler part of the year. I have thought about it before and wondered how I would get the splitter to the site...but then I thought: "why not by hand" (with maul, sledge and wedges). This time of the year with the high humidity, (even early in the morning) for me it's get the wood cut and loaded so I can get home and out of the heat. Then I can split early in the morning or late in the evening and be close to the house and AC.

Kevin

I don't mean to highjack your thread stihl sawing, but I might try that next year in the cooler part of the year. I have thought about it before and wondered how I would get the splitter to the site...but then I thought: "why not by hand" (with maul, sledge and wedges). This time of the year with the high humidity, (even early in the morning) for me it's get the wood cut and loaded so I can get home and out of the heat. Then I can split early in the morning or late in the evening and be close to the house and AC.

Kevin
Yeah, it's always nice to walk to the kitchen and get a cold glass of water or tea. I like gatorade when i'm splittin, Keeps me going. And also if you want to take a little break the air conditioner feels good too. I'm going to do some more cutting with the 250 this afternoon. will try and get some more pics up.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's always nice to walk to the kitchen and get a cold glass of water or tea. I like gatorade when i'm splittin, Keeps me going. And also if you want to take a little break the air conditioner feels good too. I'm going to do some more cutting with the 250 this afternoon. will try and get some more pics up.

For those exact reasons is why I like to split near the house. Good to hear that the 250 is fixed. Don't get to hot cuttin'!

Kevin

Put the 250 back to work today after getting a new coil put on it. Well i cut what you see in the pics and it fried another coil.:censored: I'm begining to believe sawtroll about the 250 being junk. Anyway here are the picsof the wood and a broken saw.

chainsaws075.jpg

chainsaws077.jpg

chainsaws074.jpg

The evergrowing woodpile. that the birds love.LOL

chainsaws078.jpg

How come you dont tow the splitter to the site or quad those babys up? I refuse to do it like that anymore no way.

Poision Oak, My favorite. What is really awesome is when you chip some brush not knowing it is in there so you can end up with Poision Oak/Ivy in you shorts!!!!!! One of the most fun experiences a guy can have.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .

How come you dont tow the splitter to the site or quad those babys up? I refuse to do it like that anymore no way.
If tou notice in the top pic on the bottom left log in the truck. I was noodling them when the saw croaked. I didn' get started on it untill about 5 so the splitter didn't have time to hook it up. There was only about six bigger rounds anyway.

Poision Oak, My favorite. What is really awesome is when you chip some brush not knowing it is in there so you can end up with Poision Oak/Ivy in you shorts!!!!!! One of the most fun experiences a guy can have.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .
Yeah ive had that junk on me for the last two weeks, about the time i get over it i go back and get in it again.

Is the coil problem a common occurrence on the 250? I bought a 310 that is going strong--- hope it doesn't like coils like yours.....
I don't know, Lakeside says it is not a problem. He thinks the ground wire is shorted or missing. I started another thread about it in the chainsaw forum. I just hope they find it before the warrenty runs out. I know a guy that owns a 310 and he has never had a problem with it. It has cut a lot of trees. I think it's just mine.

I have a MS 250 and also have had no trouble with it and and cut quite a bit (Knock on wood) I hope i didnt just jinx it....

My hat is off to ya

Boy I'm impressed with the hard work that you put out. After viewing my back started to get sore just thinking about it. I am getting soft after buying my cat 246 skid steer!!! However my back problems seem to be better now than ever.

Boy I'm impressed with the hard work that you put out. After viewing my back started to get sore just thinking about it. I am getting soft after buying my cat 246 skid steer!!! However my back problems seem to be better now than ever.
Thanks, It is hard work but just about everybody on this forum does it. Beats the heck out of a huge gas bill in the winter. Besides i can think of no better exercise than cutting, loading and splitting wood.

Thanks, It is hard work but just about everybody on this forum does it. Beats the heck out of a huge gas bill in the winter. Besides i can think of no better exercise than cutting, loading and splitting wood.
Yup, I just make sure I don't over do it. I want to keep the fun in it :cheers:

Back