Chainsaw photography

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's something I'd like to try, but have not seen one.

Me too, it will give much more room to widen the ports. I did a comparison between the 288 piston and BB Piston, much wider skirts!

I need another BB kit to try it on though, I've already machined the base on mine, and with the 288 piston, you can't drop the jug, you'd just machine the piston for a popup.

288 piston on left.

attachment.php

Me too, it will give much more room to widen the ports. I did a comparison between the 288 piston and BB Piston, much wider skirts!

I need another BB kit to try it on though, I've already machined the base on mine, and with the 288 piston, you can't drop the jug, you'd just machine the piston for a popup.

We've got the 288 piston and yet unmodded 7900BB cylinder. Just need the bushings;)

We've got the 288 piston and yet unmodded 7900BB cylinder. Just need the bushings;)

Nice, bushings are easy to make. Took me a while my first time. But could do it quicker this time. Nik should be able to make a set on his coffee break!! LOL, with all that fancy CNC stuff. I've got to do it all manually, I bet I spent 3hrs doing that set.

Al is playing around with the 460BB piston in a 7900BB kit for one of my saws. Not sure how he's progressing :D Regardless it is exciting me somewhat as the word "weapon" comes to mind. I hope he ports it drunk for an extra 20% power...

Al is playing around with the 460BB piston in a 7900BB kit for one of my saws. Not sure how he's progressing :D Regardless it is exciting me somewhat as the word "weapon" comes to mind. I hope he ports it drunk for an extra 20% power...

Ya, I'm looking forward to seeing that one!

with some of the pictures posted on AS over the years... have always wondered if some folks even use their chainsaws???

or at least keep brand new bars laying round, just for pics :D

with some of the pictures posted on AS over the years... have always wondered if some folks even use their chainsaws???

or at least keep brand new bars laying round, just for pics :D

Yeah you can keep the saw body tidy by looking after it but you're right with the bars. I put one tank on a new bar and it looks worse than some of the 2 year old ones you see in the odd photo here :)

How to adapt a different piston with different pin sizes!

attachment.php

attachment.php

What a coincidence!! I was working with bushings too!

Mine were a tad bigger...

The bushing(a bearing sleeve actually), is the silver ring in the small diameter. Small is relative though. The bushing OD is 11.500", and the ID is 10.621" Nailed the ID size at .0005" over the minimum..;) Didn't want to kill it as there was better than 10 hours worth of work in it before I finish bored it. Monster 16oz. added for scale.

Untitled by zweitakt250, on Flickr

The bushing is on the input side of a gearcase used to drive a longwall conveyor. A 700HP electric motor plugs into this end. The project also involved truing all the critical surfaces on the input side. Cast Iron.

As you can see, the case isn't small. The setup is tough as all four bore centerlines must be lined up to within .002". Just another day of running a Horizontal Boring Mill...;)

A short clip of a longwall shear in operation. The coal it is cutting is falling onto the conveyor.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nE7nQERj12w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Couple Maple pics from today. Light was low and I'm not pleased with the new Fuji beater cam.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Base I drug home for a future GTG. Think the trailer was at its limit.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

What a coincidence!! I was working with bushings too!

Mine were a tad bigger...

The bushing(a bearing sleeve actually), is the silver ring in the small diameter. Small is relative though. The bushing OD is 11.500", and the ID is 10.621" Nailed the ID size at .0005" over the minimum..;) Didn't want to kill it as there was better than 10 hours worth of work in it before I finish bored it. Monster 16oz. added for scale.

The bushing is on the input side of a gearcase used to drive a longwall conveyor. A 700HP electric motor plugs into this end. The project also involved truing all the critical surfaces on the input side. Cast Iron.

As you can see, the case isn't small. The setup is tough as all four bore centerlines must be lined up to within .002". Just another day of running a Horizontal Boring Mill...;)

A short clip of a longwall shear in operation. The coal it is cutting is falling onto the conveyor.

Wow, that's some serious stuff!

Here is a picture of a large yellow birch that I am about to cut for firewood.

IMG_1344.jpg

My Jonsered 2171 sitting on the stump afterwards. As you can see by the shavings, it also doubles as a log splitter.

IMG_1342.jpg

Transportation to my wood pile, my trusty Honda 4x4 quad.

IMG_1340.jpg

The next big yellow birch that I plan to cut next week.

IMG_2243.jpg

Same tree.

IMG_2240.jpg

My two saws, a 021 Stilh and a Jonsered 2171 sporting a brand new 22" bar and chain.

IMG_2255.jpg

I dont have many good shots of saws at work, but here's a couple.

My buddy runnin his 290
aan.sized.jpg

The Ryobi after a little noodling
abo.sized.jpg

Here is the 660 on a white oak stump.
aci.sized.jpg

Same saw, same oak.
abw.sized.jpg

Back