mixing ratios for 2 stroke chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said I understand the health issue with the lead but I'm not riding bikes or running a saw for hours on end 7 days a week for me it's proven everything 2 stroke I own starts everytime I don't have overheating issues or eating pistons and bearings. I don't dont baby any of them
I have none of those issues and I don't use leaded fuel...

This dude is the snot rocket king has been riding kx's while I was still in diapers I have built two 250's and a 125 with his advice. No issues with oil suspension. Now unleaded I have
The only thing I get from your "king" is he doesn't really understand jetting or fuels for MX bikes.
He is right about ethanol causing issues with crank seals. That's nothing new.

I don't see the point in going out of my way and inconveniencing myself, so that I can pay more, for a fuel that provides no benefit for my equipment, and is also toxic to me to run. All down side, no up side. It's the power equipment equivalent of taking up smoking. Just dumb.
The fuels he mentioned will make a small two cycle run slightly worse and make less power. And your breathing lead and mromine fumes as a bonus. Doesn't seem like a good tradeoff to me..
If your dying to run something other than pump gas VP makes unleaded fuels optimized for small equipment or you can just run canned fuel.

That’s just a waste of fuel. My old mix gets dumped in one of the trucks a couple litres of mix into a tank that’s half full doesn’t make much difference.
Why dont you just use something like Aspen, maybe expensive but works out cheaper. It lasts years in a saw so no need to dump fuel out if left on a shelf

Another useless YouTube test...

They are pretty much all safe- if you remember to add them to the gas before filling the equipment's tank. :surprised3:
Don't need to watch no gosh danged Tube of you to sort that one out eh? ;)
Someone will be along presently to direct us to a video he has made on tuning to increase his views per month next- any nut with a camera........

All oils work even the very cheapest, I have seen saws very abused and run to almost death yet they live on. How many old saws are still about and costs silly money on ebay..... £500 for a 1970's ok its collectors buying them but I seen some taken apart and very suprised to see how little wear they have. Run on oil you wouldnt even look at these days. But use the best you can afford and you wont go far wrong I reckon.

All oils work even the very cheapest, I have seen saws very abused and run to almost death yet they live on. How many old saws are still about and costs silly money on ebay..... £500 for a 1970's ok its collectors buying them but I seen some taken apart and very suprised to see how little wear they have. Run on oil you wouldnt even look at these days. But use the best you can afford and you wont go far wrong I reckon.
For most of us it's not what works. Most any petroleum oil would probably work.
Alot of those old saws don't have many hours on them. Lots of guys think there saws have a ton of time on them, but they just don't. A full time logger will get only 1-2 years out of a saw and to get two it's going to need to be re ringed once.

For most of us it's not what works. Most any petroleum oil would probably work.
Alot of those old saws don't have many hours on them. Lots of guys think there saws have a ton of time on them, but they just don't. A full time logger will get only 1-2 years out of a saw and to get two it's going to need to be re ringed once.
I guess it's just so different here in the UK, we dont have the trees any more. Myself I have never worn a saw out and I'm nearly 70 but I havent cut anywhere as near as you over there, now it's just for fun and dont need to use a saw but I do to keep mobile on the good days.

Why dont you just use something like Aspen, maybe expensive but works out cheaper. It lasts years in a saw so no need to dump fuel out if left on a shelf
I have never seen it and I go through a lot of mix when I use my kombi tool(weed whip mainly) chainsaws and in the winter when we actually have one of those the snow blower. Spending $30 or so a gallon not ideal.

I think hydrogen fuels ICE engines will ne a thing before E Fuel.

If $7.60/gal is right, or even $10/gal, I suspect we'll do that and make use of our existing fueling infrastructure, rather than implement a whole new fueling infrastructure. Fleets might do their own thing for a few percent savings, the way they do now with CNG.

Edit: Especially since E fuel is also a drop-in replacement for current fuels in existing vehicles and equipment. It'll work in your 1967 Chevelle and your 2022 Raptor. Hydrogen won't.

If $7.60/gal is right, or even $10/gal, I suspect we'll do that and make use of our existing fueling infrastructure, rather than implement a whole new fueling infrastructure. Fleets might do their own thing for a few percent savings, the way they do now with CNG.

Edit: Especially since E fuel is also a drop-in replacement for current fuels in existing vehicles and equipment. It'll work in your 1967 Chevelle and your 2022 Raptor. Hydrogen won't.
The problem is the feedstock for E-Fuel is very finite. There simply isn't enough to even fuel a small fraction of the auto fleet.
It should be noted that there are two ways to make E fuel. One starts with plant oils like soybean or corn oil. The other uses co2 pulled from the air or other sources and blue hydrogen. As you can imagine the latter is way more expensive than the former.

Back