Help needed to find Stihl Parts Suppliers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thegoatguy

Reaction score
I just got a call from my local Stihl dealer and he told me my Stihl 031AV Electonic is dead meat because Stihl no longer supplies the ignition coil my saw needs. Where can I find this part? Help.

HI
You are in luck.Bring me your saw with all the parts and I will put it back together with a used coil.I am not far from you I am located in McClure.Email me and I will send you my phone number.
Later
Dan
[email protected]

av. this means you still have points. the best thing for you to do is install an ignition module. fast, easy and not much money.

Howdy,

If memory serves me correctly, there was a problem with trying to convert these early "modern" Stihl's back and forth between the points and electronic ignitions. The electronic models had somewhat longterm reliability problems with their ignitions, and the conversion to points was not possible due to a different flywheel/key location being required. Later electronic ignitions of course now have a "lifetime warranty". I assume that the warranty is due to the industry custom: "If you have a problem - advertise it".

Regards,
Walt Galer

walt,
here we go again. the module i was talking about is after market. it is tied into the mag. off the flywheel. i have run many of these on the older 031av's and they run like champs( along with other models).

electronic Ignition here I come!!!

Hi Marty, I have a 030AV and a 045AV that I would like to up-grade to electronic ignition. Who makes the parts and where can I get them!

Thanks John

[email protected]

It looks to me like they just got it running. It looks like it has the base to be a great site but needs more info. Has a ways to go to be the "most complete chainsaw site in the world" though. They had a good picture of John's soon to be Oleo Mac 999

Back