Huztl/Farmertec clone chainsaws are ****

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But honestly..the bars are good, housings are generally okay. Top ends are good...rotating assembly could be better balanced but its not...horrible. Small stuff...recoil pawls, oilers, tensioners...can be an issue.

But for 60% less than oem..for a firewood saw...its not bad. Ive run a couple briefly and besides the blue models being God ugly, they run well.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

My experience with products from those companies has been decent. Never dealt directly with them and never expected much from them. Decent inexpensive entertainment as far as I am concerned. Heck reading threads about them almost justifies their existence. Still waiting for a thread about what brand of oil makes them last longer and or more powerful and why compared to the OEM equivalents.

You got one of the good ones. The boot hasn’t decided to squirt out through the slots in the hose clamp yet
I must receive different parts in the kits I order. That looks like a home Depot hose clamp installed by someone in place of the hose clamp that actually comes in the kit... I have never installed one that looks like that.IMG_20190616_102815032.jpg

I must receive different parts in the kits I order. That looks like a home Depot hose clamp installed by someone in place of the hose clamp that actually comes in the kit... I have never installed one that looks like that.View attachment 821388
That clamp keep the rubber from melting?

currently putting together the MS250 kit (yeah i know kind of a waste for a home grade saw) Then i have a MS381 kit to put together. ( i honestly just like building these things) Ive gone the broken saws on ebay route but i feel like they are always overpriced for what you get. If i can replace specific parts in the kit with oem and have a saw thats i can pull out every now and then and use then ill call it money well spent.

i would like to do the MS660 saw eventually but its way more saw than i need.

currently putting together the MS250 kit (yeah i know kind of a waste for a home grade saw) Then i have a MS381 kit to put together. ( i honestly just like building these things) Ive gone the broken saws on ebay route but i feel like they are always overpriced for what you get. If i can replace specific parts in the kit with oem and have a saw thats i can pull out every now and then and use then ill call it money well spent.

i would like to do the MS660 saw eventually but its way more saw than i need.
By the time you replace the necessary OEM parts to make it run and perform at a respectable level, you might just as well buy an OEM carcass and do it that way, at least then you’d be close or equal to OEM reliability, and be proud of your chainsaw.

Latest posts

Back