Huztl/Farmertec clone chainsaws are ****

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I'm out cutting, I would rather have ONE RELIABLE Clamp, that lasts years, than 100 cheap ones, that I am frequently replacing, my NOT BEING DOWN Time is worth way more than the cost of a quality clamp, YMMV;)

Doug :cheers:
But, if you didn't make a living running your saw... And it was just basically a pastime, or a fun project.... Would it really matter? I mean, I agree that if a person uses a tool to earn a wage, then top of the line tools make sense. But to people who are just using them for personal use around the property... What does it matter if it fails in a year or two?

I’ve actually never been in the “you get what you pay for “camp. And I use quite a few AM intake clamps If the owner doesn’t have any preference. It’s one of those parts that just doesn’t matter.
But the boots are definitely junk. They are more soft flexible plastic then rubber. It’s no secret, quite well known actually
Napa sells clamps that go on CV joints, they cost pennies. I believe there’s a thread on the subject.

I cut wood to sell. I go to the woods I can't be wondering if the boot is gonna tear or the recoil is gonna fug up. I spend hard earned money for stuff. Doesn't matter if I spent 10 or 1000. I want it to do the job. I've only had 1 saw I had to put a new P/C on and only because I wore it out after making a couple thousand with it. The throw away society today never had to work for a living.

Yep, that's why Professional Auto shops are FULL of Harbor Freight tools :rolleyes:
Rounding off nuts and bolts, with inaccurately sized wrenches and sockets Really adds to the Enjoyment of the job:laughing:

There ARE some tools that are that bad, truly junk, clone parts too, I have read plenty of comments about poorly cast and machined parts in Chicom saws, I doubt all those mechanics were simply blaming the tools/parts

Doug :cheers:
Harbor freight tools are a good comparison to Chinese saw parts. I have bought a few tools at HF. Some are very good and carry a lifetime warranty. Others not so good. I bought a ripping hammer with a coupon for $3.00. I have used it a few times and it's pretty good. If I were going to use one everyday I might have spent $30.00 for an Estwing hammer. Not all Chinese parts are bad. Some better than others.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Harbor freight tools are a good comparison to Chinese saw parts. I have bought a few tools at HF. Some are very good and carry a lifetime warranty. Others not so good. I bought a ripping hammer with a coupon for $3.00. I have used it a few times and it's pretty good. If I were going to use one everyday I might have spent $30.00 for an Estwing hammer. Not all Chinese parts are bad. Some better than others.

Agreed,
harbor freight is my first stop when i need a tool that i wont use very often. i can pay 30 dollars for a tool that will get the job done the 2 times i need it or i can pay $75 for the same thing. Its not a hard decision when you're a weekend worker around your house and operating on a tight budget.

Agreed,
harbor freight is my first stop when i need a tool that i wont use very often. i can pay 30 dollars for a tool that will get the job done the 2 times i need it or i can pay $75 for the same thing. Its not a hard decision when you're a weekend worker around your house and operating on a tight budget.
Exactly the point... Not everyone uses tools to make a living so spending thousands on a tool doesn't make sense for them.

Exactly the point... Not everyone uses tools to make a living so spending thousands on a tool doesn't make sense for them.

i also see my chainsaws have turned into a tool that i dont absolutely need anymore. ive cleared out 13 trees from my lot and now they are more for fun and lending a helping hand to a neighbor when they have issues with fallen trees. (except that one annoying neighbor. They can pay someone to get their trees cleared)

I'm going there after work tonight to buy a mig welder for 119 dollars.... Yes, I could order a Lincoln for 987... But I don't NEED or WANT to. I have to weld some rebar for some pole bases on some parking lot lighting..... "Just because" the more expensive welder will last longer and has customer support, does not justify the cost for MY application. I am sure plenty of people who make a living welding would scoff at my desire to purchase an inexpensive, lower quality welder. But it makes sense FOR ME and MY SITUATION. The same applies to chainsaws.

I'm going there after work tonight to buy a mig welder for 119 dollars.... Yes, I could order a Lincoln for 987... But I don't NEED or WANT to. I have to weld some rebar for some pole bases on some parking lot lighting..... "Just because" the more expensive welder will last longer and has customer support, does not justify the cost for MY application. I am sure plenty of people who make a living welding would scoff at my desire to purchase an inexpensive, lower quality welder. But it makes sense FOR ME and MY SITUATION. The same applies to chainsaws.
On the other side of that... I make a living as an electrician. My hand tools are what feed my family, and they are expensive so I buy high quality ideal or Klein tools. I don't want them to fail while I am in a crucial situation so I buy the ones that don't. This is a direct translation to why guys who feed their families don't want to risk a failure in the woods with a lower quality saw. And it makes sense. But I don't think it makes sense for guys who just work around the house to buy expensive Klein, or ideal tools to sit on the bench, just like it doesn't make sense for guys like me to purchase name brand OEM saws. So there is a niche market for them that makes sense for the individual.

On the other side of that... I make a living as an electrician. My hand tools are what feed my family, and they are expensive so I buy high quality ideal or Klein tools. I don't want them to fail while I am in a crucial situation so I buy the ones that don't. This is a direct translation to why guys who feed their families don't want to risk a failure in the woods with a lower quality saw. And it makes sense. But I don't think it makes sense for guys who just work around the house to buy expensive Klein, or ideal tools to sit on the bench, just like it doesn't make sense for guys like me to purchase name brand OEM saws. So there is a niche market for them that makes sense for the individual.
Good God... Just look at this store full of garbage that no one should ever even consider purchasing... I can't believe there were even any customers in there with meIMG_20200423_151432064.jpgIMG_20200423_151439850.jpgIMG_20200423_151541357.jpgIMG_20200423_151546541.jpg

Exactly

So I took my new welder home. I figured that right out of the box there would be some kind of broken component visible right away.... Nope. I figured once I snapped the handle on, it would just break... Nope. I figured if I tried to feed the wire into the feed tube that it would just crumble.... Nope. I went ahead and snapped the screw down on the feed wheel with my eyes closed because I just knew it was going to grenade....nope. so I cautiously plugged it into the exterior outlet at my house expecting a fire to happen instantly... Nope. I carefully placed the ground clamp on expecting the spring to fly out... Nope. I went ahead and pulled the trigger against all advice from this thread expecting some kind of weird unexplainable anomale to happen.... But nope...... Strangely I was able to weld two entire pole base cages together! With a cheap harbor freight tool! It's the damnedest thing. I didn't spend a thousand dollars on something.... And it worked. It actually worked guys.. I'ma go get me a lottery ticket because that surely has to be a first! Surely that has never happened.... To anyone..... In the history of ever!

Attachments

• IMG_20200423_172445328.jpg
    IMG_20200423_172445328.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 25
Qualify as supposed Sasquatch sightings, or UFO sightings that way. ;)
Very possibly. I didn't assemble it. But considering the little guys are involved in every aspect of industry, I would say yes it was more than likely made in china...... But it's an 800 dollar phone with a 50 dollar case around it so by that measure it can't be the camera. It must be the lighting????

I just got out of the shower and as I was drying off... I looked at the label on my towel...... I'm shocked that I was actually able to dry the water off of myself with it... I'll be a monkey's uncle. Yep made in China.IMG_20200423_183009265.jpg

Latest posts

Back