Hydraulic Pump by John S Barnes ID Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1375619cm3

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Splitter with a John S Barnes pump on it with two numbers on it

1 686 E

and

could use some info on it like the gpm and rpms it is rated to be used at.
i understand that barnes is now part of haldex but i cannot find any info on this pump on the web and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction or help out in someway.

Thanks for any Idea's
Cody

J S Barnes pump

I recently bought a homemade log splitter, the hydraulic pump on it is a John s Barnes pump. The plate says: John S Barnes Corp
Rockford , ILL
JSB YG
GC16016A2BR2

If anyone can give me any information on this pump like : GPM, how old it is , is there parts still available , max pressure or anything else you could tell me I would Appreciate it .

Thanks

First, is it two stage, or single section?
Then, if you get on the Haldex website and compare dimensions of the bodies sometimes you can tell.
Basically, within a frame size, they make all the end parts the same and just make wider gears and bodies. For manufacturing reasons that is cheaper than tooling a whole different gear size and associated body parts. So as the gears get wider (along the shaft direction), the body sections get wider. Sometimes they tell you that, sometimes they only give you port location and overall length, but it may help.

Four digit part numbers were often Northern Hydraulics part numbers (now Northern Tool) in Burnsville MN. Those usually had a Northern or NH tag, not a barnes tag though.

Barnes has been part of Haldex for several years.

Another JS Barnes Pump Question

I'm looking at a 24 volt pump the owner says can be converted to 12 volts. The number on the well-worn plate appears to be 5471626-01. Is it convertible?

Can anyone help?

Stan

The numbers usually won't help as they change with who ever the pump was manufactured for.
Attached are pics 11 and 16 gpm pumps. These are the two most common.
I need help also, I didn’t see your attachment the numbers on my Barnes pump are
100 1318
I’m pretty sure mine is a 1994 model

Latest posts

Back