If you were limited to two saws..........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
......and they were Stihls, what would they be?

I made $350.00 on that 046 I bought and flipped. I just sold a bunch of .308 ammo and made a very nice profit on it. This is money that doesn't have to be accounted for, and I can use as I see fit.

I already have a new MS-261.

I'm thinking in order to cover the cutting spectrum, I want a big saw.

An MS-660 is coming to mind. :blob2:

IF???? 2????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

OK, I accept your premise. 2 saws (Stihls) only: Early non-AV 090 and an 084.

How'd I do?

I remember you recently posting your reservations regarding porting saws, but instead of buying another saw..... I would use some of that money towards porting the 461 you recently got. Depending on your discretion in picking a builder, the saw would come back to you a totally different animal- it would be like getting a new saw with money left over. The 660 is not all that impressive as a stock saw for it's size- ported, it's a different story.

I mentioned Stihl's cause I know them better than any other brand.

Someone did tell me once, that there are other brands, but I don't believe him.

that's a shame. for what you are looking for- there are more impressive options in that cc range;)

I remember you recently posting your reservations regarding porting saws, but instead of buying another saw..... I would use some of that money towards porting the 461 you recently got. Depending on your discretion in picking a builder, the saw would come back to you a totally different animal- it would be like getting a new saw with money left over. The 660 is not all that impressive as a stock saw for it's size- ported, it's a different story.

I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

It's an easy thing to do, cause lots of people say I look just like Tom Selleck. :msp_smile:

It's an easy thing to do, cause lots of people say I look just like Tom Selleck. :msp_smile:

Scrolled back thru last five pages of threads.

Thread: TO MOD or not to Mod, That is the Question. Page 2. Post 19. Made at 7:38pm

Posted by Dano:

Maybe it's just me, but when I cut wood, I'm really not in any hurry.

Besides, my Stihl dealer told me that people who mod their saws, don't know what they're doing.

I read more than I post.:laugh:

Last edited:
I would go with this one. You will never have to worry about any problems starting it.

stihl20toy20chainsaw500.jpg

Dano- I apologize. I found my error. You got the 261 not the 461. Magnumitus got the 461 after starting a thread that he was going to buy a Huskie.:laugh:.

In that case- skip the 660 and get the 461 or hold on to the money and get a 661 when they come out. Happy cuttin friend.:rock:

Last edited:
Bryanr2, "I read more than I post."

You must have posted sometime or another sense 2010

actually I read for over a year and researched instead of asking questions. Didn't make first post til Dec 24, 2011- still remember the thread. First saw Mastermind ported for me.

Last edited:
Ported 261 and ported 461 is all you are going to need . But i like to have a back up saw for each main saw i have which was needed after irene can thru here.

Latest posts

Back