If you were limited to two saws..........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have kept that 046! For what you paid and the condition you described you are never going to beat that. How un-CAD like of you, selling a saw like that :msp_thumbdn:

I think I would go with a 460 or 461 over a 660 for a worksaw. You very seldom find a need for the extra torque of a 660. The extra power is'nt worth the extra weight if you don't need it.
I still think the 441C is the better all around worksaw over the 460/461. JMO. No worrying about the carb, no cleaning the filter, very smooth ride. The balance and feel of them is awesome with a 28" light bar.

92DBEEB7-B740-439F-86E1-A1939DFEDB4B-3629-0000086354572A87.jpg

I have a Woods Ported 026 PRO and a 660 Magnum with several different length bars up to 36". I'll have to admit that they would just about cover whatever. The 660 is not so heavy with a 20" bar?

But I have a Dolmar 5105 and 7900, also a Husqvarna 346NE and 372XP with an assortment of bars.

Naturally, there are duplicates and back ups for all these. I never leave the shop with just one chainsaw.

I love my old (almost antique by now) 020av.

second one....hmmmm I do like my new 5105.

But if it absolutely had to be a Stihl...make it a big one...how bout the 084

For what you do you have all the saw you need-realistically speaking anyway.Why don't you take the extra cash and save a few oldies from the dumpster?Once you're done fixing them up,I'll bet your saw count will be 10+ in a couple years time or less.:msp_smile:

Sell that stupid 261:msp_scared: and get a 200 and 441. Or if you want more a 241 MT and a 461.

Wow, the sthil , husky back an forth, gotta love it.
All things being equal, old school mcculochs.
SP 125
SP 81
As far as new saws stihl.
I can't say I ever pulled the trigger on a husky. But I've got an open mind

the title of this thread promotes anti-cadism. There is no logical reason for an individual to limit himself to 2 saws unless the individual is on some crusade of "self-inflicted punishment".:hmm3grin2orange: As a member of this site you are required to accept "Cadism" and not fight against it.:rock: It just aint natural. :D

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought you sold the 046 because it was more saw than you would ever need. If that wasn't true you already screwed yourself out of your best option.

Back