If you were limited to two saws..........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ford832] [COLOR="#0000FF said:
For what you do you have all the saw you need-realistically speaking anyway.[/COLOR]

....making smoke in the garage? :laugh:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought you sold the 046 because it was more saw than you would ever need. If that wasn't true you already screwed yourself out of your best option.

NAILED IT!!!! :bowdown:

I am not a Stihl guy, but what I would get...

is a 880 and a 660

That way you will be able to cut whatever you come across..

I use a Husky 385xp and a Husky 272xp for my two main GO TO saws.....

There is no replacement for Displacement!

Hmmmm......lots of opinions and suggestions.

I did come pretty close to keeping that 046. But, I made the decision to let it go before I made the decision to sell some .308 ammo.

Think I just might take the money I have set aside, and just let it ride til next Spring. Might be some new saws to consider by then.

Two? How is a man to live? Alright, just two,,,geeze Loise,,, I'd want a 361 and a 440.

Hmmmm......lots of opinions and suggestions.

I did come pretty close to keeping that 046. But, I made the decision to let it go before I made the decision to sell some .308 ammo.

Think I just might take the money I have set aside, and just let it ride til next Spring. Might be some new saws to consider by then.

Next spring is a good idea. Firewood season will be over again and a bunch of fellas will recognize that sawing and cutting up wood just ain't right for them, so a bunch of saws are going to be out on the market. Fall on the other hand is always a bad time for buying a saw.

I would go with this one. You will never have to worry about any problems starting it.

stihl20toy20chainsaw500.jpg

Don't have to worry about finding wood to cut either!:msp_smile:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I thought you sold the 046 because it was more saw than you would ever need. If that wasn't true you already screwed yourself out of your best option.

excellent point. I drew from that thread to make a point on the first page but forgot all about this.:bang:

Next spring is a good idea. Firewood season will be over again and a bunch of fellas will recognize that sawing and cutting up wood just ain't right for them, so a bunch of saws are going to be out on the market. Fall on the other hand is always a bad time for buying a saw.

not if your buying new. end of the year sales and saws that have been sitting on shelves all year can be negotiated some.

Hi Dano

I would buy two 460Rs before they are all gone, Install a dual port muffler on both, use one and store the other one and 35 years from now when you need a fresh saw you or your son combined will have 70 years of using the best saw ever built. We are still using 046s that are almost that old. You can,t go wrong with them, nor will you be sorry you went this route. The 461s are real fuel savers but I am afraid that they will not hold up with the 460s when heavily used in big hard wood. Hope I am wrong because it will not be long until the 460s will be gone.

Safe cutting

There is never a BAD time to buy a saw, Plus, fall is when Stihl offers up a free carrying case with a new saw purchase!:rock:

I skipped the second page of the thread, but with a 261 I would opt for a 461. Or sell that new Stihl and grab a 550/372 combo.

Only two.................................. :biggrinbounce2::biggrinbounce2: 028 AV SUPER - 288 XP

Back