Mastermind meets the Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should get you a big piece of locust, that stuff is like cuttin on a rock. I like the way you break em in. Just build em and bury em.

79 cc's of Dolmar awesomeness.... Just don't blow it up while yer messin with it there monkey man...:rock:

I'll try not too. I'm leaving it a little fat. Them unlimited coils scare me and stuff. :msp_ohmy:

What kind of RPMs is it holding in the cut with a moderate load? How's the throttle response off idle?

I don't know what rpm it will hold. Too many variables to that equation. It's got very good throttle response, Jon did some limbing and bucking with it before it got dark. He really likes it.

What helps give you the quick throttle response when portin a saw.

More flow I reckon....

And here I thought Locust was soft wood ... :msp_confused:

Poplar and pine is soft to me. Locust is a very dense dry wood,thats why everyone makes posts out of em here because they last in the ground and weather. Dont know, is oak like pine to you too?

A quick finger, the same thing that helps in a lot of situations.

Its good everyone has fun here but is there not anyone that has enough knowledge of PORTING to tell me what kind of changes in port timing gives you the quicker throttle response? Its obvious quicker flow in and out of cylinder is a big help, but besides flow and widening ports such as timing , duration and crankcase pressure? It looks to me like higher crankcase pressures would be a big factor?

Back