Mastermind meets the Dolmar 7900

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's just plain dirty Randy. In fact, that is meanspirited as well. I was afraid this might happen spending all this time over here in the Chainsaw Forum with the likes of Brad.......LOL!!!
I was tryin' to bring the OT Forum to you, since you are obviously to busy to come visit us..........LOL!!!!

I'm sorry and stuff.

Some rep might being me back to my senses......I ain't gettin any. :(

Well since you seem sincere, and because you're a good friend, I sent you some rep. Now ship me my dern saw.

Well since you seem sincere, and because you're a good friend, I sent you some rep. Now ship me my dern saw.

:hmm3grin2orange:

It's going out in the morning. I think it's my best 261/262 yet. Enjoy it my friend. I'll always remember the generosity you showed me when I was sick and broke. You are the one that's a good friend. :bowdown:

This may be hijacking Randy, but I think I know ya well enough to get away with it...... Have you ever ported any other two cycle other than saws? I read a writeup where Brad ported a new Shindaiwa Blower and had "mad success" with it. I think after you get done with all my saws (and I have a few more to go) that I might have you do a little work on my Stihl FS 250R weedeater. It's the biggest and baddest line trimmer you can buy. I think I payed north of $500 for it a few summers ago. It's mean as it is, but if there are gains to be made.... I want them. I know it aint a chainsaw but I can put blades on it and cut saplings so hope this post dont get me in trouble. What do ya think?

Hey bryan I have a stihl weedeater and I ported the muffler and its a badass trimmer now. Mows down stuff that it used to bog down in before.

This may be hijacking Randy, but I think I know ya well enough to get away with it...... Have you ever ported any other two cycle other than saws? I read a writeup where Brad ported a new Shindaiwa Blower and had "mad success" with it. I think after you get done with all my saws (and I have a few more to go) that I might have you do a little work on my Stihl FS 250R weedeater. It's the biggest and baddest line trimmer you can buy. I think I payed north of $500 for it a few summers ago. It's mean as it is, but if there are gains to be made.... I want them. I know it aint a chainsaw but I can put blades on it and cut saplings so hope this post dont get me in trouble. What do ya think?

I've even built weedwackers with popup pistons. I practiced on lots of stuff. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:

I have a fs 80 that i ported, set the squish, muffler modded, and put new rings in and it has plenty of power. you cant keep it from twisting in your hand when you throttle up quick. I would like to get a steel shaft out of a fs 85 to put in it im afraid the cable will break.

So you have done one or two? The 'want' may become 'necessity' bout the time spring gets here and it's time to cut Grannie's and my Mom and Dad's yard this year. I've got commercial mowers and can mow my Grannie's property in 45 min but it takes 2.5 to 3 hrs to trim. She's one of those gals that plants stuff wherever there is a bare spot. Massive amounts of trimming.

I have a fs 80 that i ported, set the squish, muffler modded, and put new rings in and it has plenty of power. you cant keep it from twisting in your hand when you throttle up quick. I would like to get a steel shaft out of a fs 85 to put in it im afraid the cable will break.

That's the performance I want!!!!!!!! And the fs250 already has the steel shaft. It's a "over kill" machine.

I would really like to see some magic work on the FS-250!!! :rock:

Not that I would do that to mine, its got plenty of power.

Dang thing is rough on plants and flowers sometimes... :laugh:

Last edited:
Thanks Andre, I can count on you to tell it like it. I'll admit to being very careful and doing a ton of reading for this saw. The 7900 is a saw that I've heard can go the wrong way.

Any time my man. I hear if you put 372 like numbers in a 7900 you'll have yourself a really nice, super awesome looking boat anchor.:msp_sleep:

I would really like to see some magic work on the FS-250!!! :rock:

Not that I would do that to mine, its got plenty of power.

Dang thing is rough on plants and flowers sometimes... :laugh:

Me too! Randy can we get a thread on this if I send it with a brush blade? The 250 is one mean machine stock- cant imagine what it would be ported.

Me too! Randy can we get a thread on this if I send it with a brush blade? The 250 is one mean machine stock- cant imagine what it would be ported.

I'd be glad to port it for you Steven. The thread would have to go in another area of the site though. The saw nuts would lynch us for posting it here. :laugh:

And we already have interest from other members. I wanna see the build and I want to own the test subject. There are tons of threads that are not "chainsaw" threads on this part of the site. They are however "wood" related. If that thing cuts a small tree down (which it will) if should be A-OK.

Latest posts

Back