New chain vs sharpened.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still stuck at what "pushing cats" and "seismic " means
Well that's better. I thought I had to explain "BJ"..lol. (have a laugh all)
Since you can debate 20 people at once and I couldn't write to save my life, I thougt the ownis should be on you?
Is that all it was?..Really!

Please be more direct in future and kindly ask please and I will try to disenbiguate one thing while
.f*ing you up on 20 more. (I hope not)
Ok Seismic activities are a natural movment in the earth. (Im sure you are familiar ) And It is registered on a Seismograth generally. Hence:
"Seismic".. is searching for gas and oil (G&O) We cut grids that can be 24O0 km
would be a big one. I've done 6000km (4000 miles) Big ones are called 3D and its a grid in all four directions. 2D happends first and can be called "speculation" and they are smaller and random directions.

3D grids have receiver lines going one way and source lines the opposite.
So you will have GPS surveyed stations on your "R lines" at intervuls to read the 'man made Seismic'. intervals could be anywhere from 10 m to 100m... depending on the 'source'. Hence:
Source lines (S line) 'Source' is what makes the man made Seismic activities.
Its better known as Dynamite!!!! Generally. could be a 'viberours source"
that's a machine rubbing the ground.
its not as strong so that's when the S lines and R lines have tighter stations and shot points. I've seen 140m shots and 10kg (22lb) of TNT per hole.
there is a 'recording crew' that lays cables and microphones at the stations on the 'R' lines. (today it is wireless and can be turned on and off front droons).
S line station holes can be 55 ft deep
and stuffed and fused. Depends...as was mentioned. Its mechanical or heli.
If its heli then we slash and snag fall the line up and over great mountains with enough room for a stretcher trail 5ft (1,5m) Its Drilled from a HU-1 ..or better known as a 'huey'
bell 212, 214, 204, 205 (mediaum lift)

Drillers walk the line and the huey brings the drill and compressers to each 'shot'

if its a Mechanical job then the drill looks like a tank. Its mulcher these days (not cat) about 2.5m to 4 m on s lines and 1,75m on r lines.

anyways...what..was the other questions...before I pee my pants?

*looks down*
dam.. that ship already sailed

Oh yes.." Pushing cats"
@holeycow's job. He was the 'cat push'
foreman in charge of the Mechanical and saw guys.

Drills have their own push.

How smart do you have to be to be a Drill push anywaysssss?

Well that's better. I thought I had to explain "BJ"..lol. (have a laugh all)
Since you can debate 20 people at once and I couldn't write to save my life, I thougt the ownis should be on you?
Is that all it was?..Really!

Please be more direct in future and kindly ask please and I will try to disenbiguate one thing while
.f*ing you up on 20 more. (I hope not)
Ok Seismic activities are a natural movment in the earth. (Im sure you are familiar ) And It is registered on a Seismograth generally. Hence:
"Seismic".. is searching for gas and oil (G&O) We cut grids that can be 24O0 km
would be a big one. I've done 6000km (4000 miles) Big ones are called 3D and its a grid in all four directions. 2D happends first and can be called "speculation" and they are smaller and random directions.

3D grids have receiver lines going one way and source lines the opposite.
So you will have GPS surveyed stations on your "R lines" at intervuls to read the 'man made Seismic'. intervals could be anywhere from 10 m to 100m... depending on the 'source'. Hence:
Source lines (S line) 'Source' is what makes the man made Seismic activities.
Its better known as Dynamite!!!! Generally. could be a 'viberours source"
that's a machine rubbing the ground.
its not as strong so that's when the S lines and R lines have tighter stations and shot points. I've seen 140m shots and 10kg (22lb) of TNT per hole.
there is a 'recording crew' that lays cables and microphones at the stations on the 'R' lines. (today it is wireless and can be turned on and off front droons).
S line station holes can be 55 ft deep
and stuffed and fused. Depends...as was mentioned. Its mechanical or heli.
If its heli then we slash and snag fall the line up and over great mountains with enough room for a stretcher trail 5ft (1,5m) Its Drilled from a HU-1 ..or better known as a 'huey'
bell 212, 214, 204, 205 (mediaum lift)

Drillers walk the line and the huey brings the drill and compressers to each 'shot'

if its a Mechanical job then the drill looks like a tank. Its mulcher these days (not cat) about 2.5m to 4 m on s lines and 1,75m on r lines.

anyways...what..was the other questions...before I pee my pants?

*looks down*
dam.. that ship already sailed

Oh yes.." Pushing cats"
@holeycow's job. He was the 'cat push'
foreman in charge of the Mechanical and saw guys.

Drills have their own push.

How smart do you have to be to be a Drill push anywaysssss?
I know what seismic exploration is & am a trained seismic powder monkey, the trouble is even with your in depth explanation it's still not clearly understandable with big gaps in meanings. You say a lot but just miss the plain simple explanations.
Supervisor, leading hand, foreman, ganger , team leader are really common terms anyone anywhere can understand, a push though is a new one to me & I've been around a fair bit.

I know what seismic exploration is & am a trained seismic powder monkey, the trouble is even with your in depth explanation it's still not clearly understandable with big gaps in meanings. You say a lot but just miss the plain simple explanations.
Supervisor, leading hand, foreman, ganger , team leader are really common terms anyone anywhere can understand, a push though is a new one to me & I've been around a fair bit.
OK???....I recall you saying you were a blaster now. It was actually a personal conversation in front of you all. I make no apologizes for it. Please don't ask again for me to go out of my way.
Didn't this just coincide with the OTHER magot troll that quoted me and liked your post and the other magot troll that liked his? F*en magots!

SO... Why did you say you didn't understand "Seismic" when you say you did it for a living?

There is only two choices.
.....You lying then?...or you lying now?

OK???....I recall you saying you were a blaster now. It was actually a personal conversation in front of you all. I make no apologizes for it. Please don't ask again for me to go out of my way.
Didn't this just coincide with the OTHER magot troll that quoted me and liked your post and the other magot troll that liked his? F*en magots!

SO... Why did you say you didn't understand "Seismic" when you say you did it for a living?

There is only two choices.
.....You lying then?...or you lying now?
Get over yourself, all you have to do is add the relevant information for anyone to understand the context of "seismic " especially in a chainsaw sharpening thread, I never said I did seismic blasting for a living, I said I have been trained in it, it was part of the qualification for a power monkey, shot firer or explosives technician. You're getting all worked up about people not understanding you because you might have fryed your brain with too many goey chemicals, those of us not bouncing off the walls & not from your region & familiar with those terms need a little more info to put it all together & make sense of it.

You are the magot that just asked for an explanation as to what I meant by 'Seismic' and said I was using terminology in my region and you turn around and say you're a Seismic driller/blaster
What a f*en magot.
nobody is trolling you or name calling you like you have already to others, have illicit chemicals affected you or something?

Is this thread now classified as "Off Topic"?
No....I'm going to quote each and every one of them yet.(well a few anyway) I always have to take the time to enjoy the process and smell the flowers first. Its meant to be VERY peaceful but the flowers are starting to smell like §hit.

I think so,
But I still think a new chain cuts better after it’s sharpened with a good old fashioned round file :ices_rofl:
'Old faithful' A round file work chain vs a square grind work chain?
Square gind makes things easier in limbs
and cleaning out undercut as it will bite in on odd angles. It's not faster in the bigger softwoods than my chain.
I like something that is 'harder to do' not easier to do. It more challenging.
More skill is needed.
Running square ground is like crossing the country to Wrestle someone you beat three times.
Or Formula 1 in the 90's and F1 today.
Back then the Driver made the adjustments when needed. It's all engineered now. The driver has half the job.

Even at the highest level...I cannot see the challenge in that.

Get over yourself, all you have to do is add the relevant information for anyone to understand the context of "seismic " especially in a chainsaw sharpening thread, I never said I did seismic blasting for a living, I said I have been trained in it, it was part of the qualification for a power monkey, shot firer or explosives technician. You're getting all worked up about people not understanding you because you might have fryed your brain with too many goey chemicals, those of us not bouncing off the walls & not from your region & familiar with those terms need a little

more info to put it all together & make
sense of it.
Did you ever hear the story about the little boy who cry wolf?....and nobody believed him. I have seen you spin 50 page threads (twice) I certainly did not read much but it was the same thing throughout. That was you taking on everyone...and most all of them calling you names. That was my 'wheelhouse' you were talking about and you are making a mockery and debating for entertainment,I may add. Did I want any part of that? No. Did I call you names? No. Am I sceptical when you come around? yes. Have I always given you the time of day? yes...but I've made it clear 'it's' not up for debate. Did I put forth an effort here to address things you claim you didnt understand? Yes. Could you have used better manners (especially considering your greasy history) ....and asked...

.."OK there is a few things I'm still fuzzy on here ...so what did you mean by..such and such...."? YES you could have.

If you were truly interested .you would have been polite and followed up.
(not picked apart what I did wrong?)

^Are you serious?

I never will be bothered that some don't understand my posts. I laugh the hardest when they say that.

I gave you a chance as you are the
a-hole with no credibility and now you leave the same way.

I'm not one to hold a grudge....address me down the road....be serious and show some f*en manners pal. You got the wrong cat.

haha...funny...couldn't resist that one could you. LMAO.
That's as authentic as Alberta gumbo.
what's happening on rig time these days?
buddy is up there Piplining (spread boss)
Probably shootin' some 'Drillers diesel' by now. going to dig out my bear paws and get a swamp donkey.

So i looked up other words for Foreman and I think there was 17 words.
Pusher made the list.
I knew them all but "Ganger" never made the list or Gang boss...lol
I think last time I was on a gang I was In the bucket 28 yrs ago.

Back