Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The P65 is closer to the 655. They both use the same bottom ends. Larger bearings, smaller pins. The P62 uses a 1/2" pin, while the 655 and P65 uses the same diameter pin as the P40/455 series saws. I believe it was .5mm smaller.

The P65 is closer to the 655. They both use the same bottom ends. Larger bearings, smaller pins. The P62 uses a 1/2" pin, while the 655 and P65 uses the same diameter pin as the P40/455 series saws. I believe it was .5mm smaller.

Ed
That makes sense. The extra kit I have has no part number on the box. Just tagged P65 looks the same as a 655 kit. Would like to find a P65 to complete the 6 Cubic inch set of saws. Always room for one more.
I have opened a lot of farmsaws and P26/28 saws and have found a mix of rings. Some have 2 thin rings others use 1 thick ring.
Sure is a lot of interest in the big P series saws.

P62, you'd better start pumping iron if you're going to start cutting with that P62 combo! I had a 36" bar on mine once and I could barely lift the end off the ground. It tried to make a man out of me. I find that the 28" bar feels just right on the 6-cubers.

Anyways, nice saw, she's worth a pretty penny and is the twin sister to mine. Congrats.

P62, you'd better start pumping iron if you're going to start cutting with that P62 combo! I had a 36" bar on mine once and I could barely lift the end off the ground. It tried to make a man out of me. I find that the 28" bar feels just right on the 6-cubers.

Anyways, nice saw, she's worth a pretty penny and is the twin sister to mine. Congrats.

A 3 ft bar will make a man out of you. Not much of a limbing saw. Unless you plan on trimong all branches under 10 ft. It's a lot of fun to slice off large blocks from a butt log and watch the sawdust pile up. The GB bar is in vey good condition with very little use but a new 28 or 36 inch Pioneer bar off the wall would look better on the saw

Brendon,.. you obviously have not met Jeff in person!!

Pioneerguy600

P62-Sagetown

Jeff, that's quite the Pioneer arsenal you have in the pickup bed LOL!.All real nice looking saws.I'd say your loaded for wood!
Lawrence

Sagetown.Nice 2073 you have and good to know you bought it new and it's still running.Amazing the plastic air filter has remained in such great shape.If your looking for Pioneer information have a look at the link in my signature
Lawrence

Will try to upload a couple of photos
I agree there were changes between the P62 and 655. I have a cylinder kit tagged P65 and it has the thick rings as well. The P62 and P65 saws use different kits. Not sure when they started the ported piston and cylinder.
These are the latest saws I picked up. The P62 Western, A p51 with 32 inch hard nose Pioneer bar and a Pro 455
The 62 Western has a Walbro SDC 21-85 carb the same as a P51 and a P60 I have. Looks like the spikes are upside down. Saw runs great. Cylinder is clean and it has the thin rings as well.

[

Mean saws awesum

P26 9-1/2 pounds really ?

I was looking at the specifications for the P26 51cc with a listed weight for the power head of 9 LBS 10 OZ is this correct or just optimistic BS ? Under 10 pounds for a 50cc saw, that's a pound lighter then the Stihl 026 most 50cc saws from that era were in the 12~13 pound range. Any one have one they can put on a scale and verify ?

tm

P26

I was looking at the specifications for the P26 51cc with a listed weight for the power head of 9 LBS 10 OZ is this correct or just optimistic BS ? Under 10 pounds for a 50cc saw, that's a pound lighter then the Stihl 026 most 50cc saws from that era were in the 12~13 pound range. Any one have one they can put on a scale and verify ?

tm

I beleive the weight you see for the P26 is a dry weight power head only. My brochure shows 11.9 lbs (incl chain brake) 13lbs for a P28

Pioneer Saw

saws%20for%20sale%201042.jpg

From left to right Farm Saw, 455, P-52, P-62, and a 655-BP.
I'm looking for pistons and rings.

From left to right Farm Saw, 455, P-52, P-62, and a 655-BP.
I'm looking for pistons and rings.[/QUOTE]

Thats a fine looking row of iron and a very impressive stack of paper

Latest posts

Back