Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4dbebf0837060fcfc6808cb9e95a704a.jpg

Have been putting in a good deal of time at the camp also, however not all relaxation times. Get to run a saw or two though and the firewood pile is growing, the bridge beams are holding up well for the truck traffic they are seeing. Grounds work is progressing well, rough grading is about done.

Your place is looking good Jerry!!! I'll my starting my fall renovations in a month or so. Had a couple Park rangers come by Sunday afternoon....they had been running a big diesel chipper up on the road and came down when they stopped.....they wanted to know if I wanted any of the wood they couldn't chip.....large island spruce....knotty as all get out.....I said thanks but no thanks....got plenty of small diameter spruce that's standing dead on my property to burn for day wood.....small enough to not need splitting. That darn stuff is crazy hard to split with a maul and/or wedges.....noodling is about the only way to process it for me. Every year more of the camp gets finished off and insulated the less wood I need anyway. From here on out I'll be taking a lobster crate full of hardwood out with me every trip but won't start burning that until mid Oct for over night wood. Burn wood torn off the outside of the camp....boards, trim and window trim/frames during the work day....it's gotta go somewhere so it might as well keep the camp warm and water hot on the stove rather than a bonfire on the beach.

Man sometimes I just love ebay......got a bunch of copper mines to open this fall.......buying 50/50 solder in 1 lb rolls has been getting harder and harder to find....and the price is way out there at my local lumber yard......used to be able to pick up roll for $12.00 or so......then they went to $32.00 for a 1 lb roll....... usually go through 2-3 lbs on a normal chimney.....5-8 on a big chimney.....at $32 bux a lb that gets pretty spendy......price just gets passed on but just the same... Bought 7 1 lb rolls off ebay for $40 plus $9.20 shipping....that comes out to $7.03 per pound...WOOT!!! But there's more.....the package arrives today......there's 9 1 lb rolls of solder in there.....that figgerz out to $5.47 per lb!!!!!!! Guess we know where I'll be buying solder from now on!!! Now all IU have to do is my Alchemist trick and turn that nine lbs into gold!!!! I think I can handle it!!!!

Your place is looking good Jerry!!! I'll my starting my fall renovations in a month or so. Had a couple Park rangers come by Sunday afternoon....they had been running a big diesel chipper up on the road and came down when they stopped.....they wanted to know if I wanted any of the wood they couldn't chip.....large island spruce....knotty as all get out.....I said thanks but no thanks....got plenty of small diameter spruce that's standing dead on my property to burn for day wood.....small enough to not need splitting. That darn stuff is crazy hard to split with a maul and/or wedges.....noodling is about the only way to process it for me. Every year more of the camp gets finished off and insulated the less wood I need anyway. From here on out I'll be taking a lobster crate full of hardwood out with me every trip but won't start burning that until mid Oct for over night wood. Burn wood torn off the outside of the camp....boards, trim and window trim/frames during the work day....it's gotta go somewhere so it might as well keep the camp warm and water hot on the stove rather than a bonfire on the beach.
This landscaping work started just one year ago in August so its been a long project but is starting to shape up now. Its been too hot for me to bother hauling in more top soil and will wait for it to cool down some before another cross counter trip in there. Felt like near 90 today with wicked humidity.
You get a good bit done each fall on your place, much nicer to work that time of year, just too hot right now for serious physical exertion.

This landscaping work started just one year ago in August so its been a long project but is starting to shape up now. Its been too hot for me to bother hauling in more top soil and will wait for it to cool down some before another cross counter trip in there. Felt like near 90 today with wicked humidity.
You get a good bit done each fall on your place, much nicer to work that time of year, just too hot right now for serious physical exertion.
That's why I despise hay season so much.

You said it! been Trying to get this porch roof done, but have to knock off in afternoon. Sun is way too hot! Been 100 plus everyday down in Texas for 53 days straight. Believe it's a record.
Been awhile since I've checked in! Stay cool. Going to be another hot one!

You said it! been Trying to get this porch roof done, but have to knock off in afternoon. Sun is way too hot! Been 100 plus everyday down in Texas for 53 days straight. Believe it's a record.
Been awhile since I've checked in! Stay cool. Going to be another hot one!

You best stay cool, that hot sun is not good for the body, no matter how much water one drinks.
Will be another hot day here, may have to park myself in front of the AC unit for a few hours during mid day.

I know but this type of weather by the time you get toweled off you're all sweaty again.....:dumb2::cry:

Only time I was near dry was when I went for a two hour drive, AC cranked up full and have to say was mighty comfortable even with the goose bumps on all exposed skin....LOL

Yeah I'm just about to leave for the airport in Bangor to take the daughter and BF to catch their flight back to the left coast....be about two hrs in the AC.....damn happy my 316,000 mile Volvo still has an excellent AC unit!!!! Looking forward to some goose bumps!!!

Got that new Meteor piston installed on Edwards 562XP.....2017 model.....flushed out the lower end with mix several times until the mix came out clean.....lot of metallic fines in it at first. Never did find the locator pin.....but the score in the cyl was 3/32" wide and at least as deep so that made a lot of metal dust/flakes. 562XP is a strange beast to work on.....funny looking rig....cyl tilts back from the vertical probably 30 degrees but the cooling fins are level. But all in all, for as complicated and alien looking as it looks, the layout is straight forward and was very easy to work on. Job went quickly with very little frustration.....what frustration I had was putting the wristpin keepers in.....quite small and circular...no tabs to grasp with pliers and no spares in case one went....PING....and flew off into the shop somewhere.....but I managed. Start it up this morning....was out of mix by the time I got the lower end flushed out......it was the end of the day and I was faced with a choice.....get in the truck and go get gas......or sit down with a frosty tall green can and turn up the tunes.......gotta stop and get gas on the way to the shop this morning.....

Got that new Meteor piston installed on Edwards 562XP.....2017 model.....flushed out the lower end with mix several times until the mix came out clean.....lot of metallic fines in it at first. Never did find the locator pin.....but the score in the cyl was 3/32" wide and at least as deep so that made a lot of metal dust/flakes. 562XP is a strange beast to work on.....funny looking rig....cyl tilts back from the vertical probably 30 degrees but the cooling fins are level. But all in all, for as complicated and alien looking as it looks, the layout is straight forward and was very easy to work on. Job went quickly with very little frustration.....what frustration I had was putting the wristpin keepers in.....quite small and circular...no tabs to grasp with pliers and no spares in case one went....PING....and flew off into the shop somewhere.....but I managed. Start it up this morning....was out of mix by the time I got the lower end flushed out......it was the end of the day and I was faced with a choice.....get in the truck and go get gas......or sit down with a frosty tall green can and turn up the tunes.......gotta stop and get gas on the way to the shop this morning.....
I hate them kind of clips !!

Back