Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn 562 fired first pull but stalled 'cause the choke was on......fired right up second pull on high idle.....ran strong and returned to idle perfectly without any searching......gotta say when the Auto tune works correctly it controls the motor very well. Zippy damn saw with real smooth AV.....From what I can tell Husky finally came up with a good replacement for the 262XP.....one advancement is it takes the Husky large mount bar......262 was limited to the small mount bar which is sold mostly in .325...though you can find 3/8" but just not as common......plenty of choices in the large mount. Edward runs strictly 18" 3/8" combo on all his saws....

If I find takers for some of my stuff I plan on picking up a pair of the auto tune Husky saws. I have also run a MS441c and it showed the same zippy characteristics. I did NOT like the throttle linkage setup on the 441c carb box.

Who is ready?
d6269cd6cf3e00b85b5cd7b96a003096.jpg

If I find takers for some of my stuff I plan on picking up a pair of the auto tune Husky saws. I have also run a MS441c and it showed the same zippy characteristics. I did NOT like the throttle linkage setup on the 441c carb box.

The latest 562XP has what they term "Rev Boost".....an interesting setup...probably a good thing for someone like Edward. When you nail it.... it instantly revs to something like 15,500 for 2-3 seconds then detunes itself back to like 14,000 or something...quite noticeable decrease. The idea is you get the instant performance when limbing or cutting brush......

Hey Jerry , I was thinkin bout that RevBoost thing .
Not needed on any of the saws we run , must be a Hooptykavarna thing , physique the owner in thinkin it goes fast but autodetune real fast so it don't vibrate itself to pieces or blow up .
Neat whizzbang gimmick .

RevBoost be an easy thing to do , a little solenoid that opens a valve to allow extra air on the intake after the carby ;)

Oh yeah..........that's called a leaky, wimpy flywheel side crank seal in Stihl speak......Rev Boost.....LOL!!! Spraying ether into a beet seal.....WHEEEEEEE!!!!

Took Edwards rebuilt 562HexPee down in the woods yesterday......put a tank through it.....fit up a haff cord of blow down/standing dead ash and maple.....nice saw.....good response.....good power in the cut.......hate to give such a smooth unit back to Edward to beat to death as fast as he can.....but hoe-hum....the price of turning XPs into gold.

Took Edwards rebuilt 562HexPee down in the woods yesterday......put a tank through it.....fit up a haff cord of blow down/standing dead ash and maple.....nice saw.....good response.....good power in the cut.......hate to give such a smooth unit back to Edward to beat to death as fast as he can.....but hoe-hum....the price of turning XPs into gold.

Happy you found some use for them, much betterer than tieing a rope to em and the ole heave ho when stopping at the favorite fishing spot...:yes:

Hey Jerry , I was thinkin bout that RevBoost thing .
Not needed on any of the saws we run , must be a Hooptykavarna thing , physique the owner in thinkin it goes fast but autodetune real fast so it don't vibrate itself to pieces or blow up .
Neat whizzbang gimmick .

I would always forget the can of either...:popcorn2:

Latest posts

Back