Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl quality!
18756edaf4ec5b79a94777e8273cedbf.jpg

Page III alert!!! Another beauty day here.....gonna head down the bay around noon today. I know the skiff is half full of rain water out there so gotta get that bailed out....spend over night at the camp. Taking a light load of building materials and a crate of hardwood firewood for later in the season too. Project time is coming up fast. The bride is away for nearly two weeks starting next Thursday so the dogs and I will be at camp a fair amount....basically whenever I'm not working.....which may be more difficult than I would like......work scheduling is piling up....seems like I can be just as busy as I want this fall/winter, which is good money wise but cuts into muh fun tyme a bit!! Got 5 spruce to take down out there at camp this fall.....that has to be done on a foggy/rainy day with an off shore breeze so I can drag the brush down the beach at low tide and burn it.....damn island spruce got a lot of limbs!!!!
Sounds great to me Robin!! Wish I was up there to help for a couple! Could use a break from "Yuppieville!' lol
But truth be told got my hands full with this old shack! One of the oldest houses still standing in the America's! lol Got 3 roofs done, a mud room( finally) and 2 windows. One... this big Bay I gawk out. My wonderful Finn "Turtle" I hope is still alive 6 houses down the street up here on Watsons Hill.... I'm just barely! lol And this all while a family fued going on between Sister-in-law, wife, brother, and father! Nothing new under the Sun!
Take care!...great to check in! PS How's Linda?

Absolutely loved biking til my late 40`s, then just lost interest. My daughter and SIL; ride and are trying to get me back on my bike.
How we found out about Husqvarna's from dirt bike riding. Sandy soil Pine Hills around here are fantastic for dirt bikes, and back in the 60's and 70's for street bikes before Boston moved down here! Still know where to go though TG!!

Sounds great to me Robin!! Wish I was up there to help for a couple! Could use a break from "Yuppieville!' lol
But truth be told got my hands full with this old shack! One of the oldest houses still standing in the America's! lol Got 3 roofs done, a mud room( finally) and 2 windows. One... this big Bay I gawk out. My wonderful Finn "Turtle" I hope is still alive 6 houses down the street up here on Watsons Hill.... I'm just barely! lol And this all while a family fued going on between Sister-in-law, wife, brother, and father! Nothing new under the Sun!
Take care!...great to check in! PS How's Linda?

Hey Bobbie!! Good to hear from you. Yep old houses are a good bit of work and my camp more than most as it sits just about the high tide mark. It takes quite a beating!!

Heading out again in the morning with another load of materials and make some progress too.

LOL Linda's good I guess......funny thing.....I saw her more often when she lived on the island......she lives 4-5 miles away from me now and I see her rarely!!!

The rain we got raised the lake level about 6", very good for this year, things had dried out enough by Sunday morning for me to shift 6 loads of fine fill to the North side of the campyard and spread it out. Only cut up a dozen sticks of firewood, the pile is growing and have plenty up there for a couple seasons, the JD 56 still works very well.

Latest posts

Back