Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another dreary day here......Edward stopped by yesterday and we located a spot in back of the shop for him to drop off another 8 cord load of tree length ash with some maple. Time to throw a new carb kit in the 61/268Xp and a new chain.....she was acting a little funny near the end of that last load....been 7 years on this kit...probably time for fuel lines too.....

Another dreary day here......Edward stopped by yesterday and we located a spot in back of the shop for him to drop off another 8 cord load of tree length ash with some maple. Time to throw a new carb kit in the 61/268Xp and a new chain.....she was acting a little funny near the end of that last load....been 7 years on this kit...probably time for fuel lines too.....
Gas the problem!! Diaphram dries out and lines dissolve. without Startron 2-cycle is piped. Father bought a Lithium battery chainsaw.....Oregon. Then come to find out Echo makes a much stronger one. anyway plan on doing some Stealthy cutting this winter. Jerry's Mighty Mouse you can here half way to Boston! lol Friggin' city people call the Environmental Cops! Half to give them a line you can hang your clothes on! lol Avoided arrest so far but getting harder every year!!!

Back from another couple days on the island......overcast most all the time but fairly warm.....50-60 'Merican.. and calm winds. Got up the next materials list for next weekends trip......two more trips and I should have everything I need out there. Lot to accomplish this fall.....carpentry inside and out and five fair sized spruce trees to eliminate and turn into next year's firewood.......four are fairly good falls......the fifth....not so much.....gotta drop it right by the edge little camp and not hit it or muh "Spruce Hedge" that forms the erosion barrier at the high tide mark......no room for error....plus it's bent in 2-3 different directions.....but mostly heaviest more or less in the direction it needs to go.......have to do a little steering cut on the hinge I guess......put a lil' spin on it......

Back from another couple days on the island......overcast most all the time but fairly warm.....50-60 'Merican.. and calm winds. Got up the next materials list for next weekends trip......two more trips and I should have everything I need out there. Lot to accomplish this fall.....carpentry inside and out and five fair sized spruce trees to eliminate and turn into next year's firewood.......four are fairly good falls......the fifth....not so much.....gotta drop it right by the edge little camp and not hit it or muh "Spruce Hedge" that forms the erosion barrier at the high tide mark......no room for error....plus it's bent in 2-3 different directions.....but mostly heaviest more or less in the direction it needs to go.......have to do a little steering cut on the hinge I guess......put a lil' spin on it......

Big project, any helpers this year? Best be a calm day when dropping the spruce trees.

Gas the problem!! Diaphram dries out and lines dissolve. without Startron 2-cycle is piped. Father bought a Lithium battery chainsaw.....Oregon. Then come to find out Echo makes a much stronger one. anyway plan on doing some Stealthy cutting this winter. Jerry's Mighty Mouse you can here half way to Boston! lol Friggin' city people call the Environmental Cops! Half to give them a line you can hang your clothes on! lol Avoided arrest so far but getting harder every year!!!

Hey Bobby, good to hear you are still cutting firewood. I have a nice quiet 026 here but it is a sluggish stock version, still cuts wood but I fall asleep running it....LOL

Big project, any helpers this year? Best be a calm day when dropping the spruce trees.
Nope....just the dogs.....they're good company but not a lot of help....LOL!
From here out be hard pressed to find a calm day out there......want a foggy damp day with an offshore SW breeze so I can drag the brush down below high water and set it ablaze!!

Nope....just the dogs.....they're good company but not a lot of help....LOL!
From here out be hard pressed to find a calm day out there......want a foggy damp day with an offshore SW breeze so I can drag the brush down below high water and set it ablaze!!

All the trees lean toward the NE?

All the trees lean toward the NE?
No...fairly straight vertically.....but most all the limbs are on the SW side of the trees as they grew close together with many others around the clearing/yard. These 5 have to go because I'm planning on moving the small camp about half it's length to the left and back about 6 feet next year. The main reason I want a SW wind is that would be an offshore wind right there.....cinders and smoke will go out over the bay and not on the island.

Rain here today......finished a small project today.....cutting out part of a built in desk and installing an Air Lift desk at the school district superintendents offices. One of those "sows ear" to "silk purse" episodes.....regular PITA.....Got it all done this afternoon......desk rises from 27" to 48" on air.....controls just like an electric car seat with four memory positions.....digital readout tells you the number of inches of elevation. Pretty nice rig.....office wimin' love it!! Gonna bill it out afta suppah.......then perhaps I'll like it better too....LOL!!

Yay aftermarket?
cd173d2aa1adc2a9a76e55a9b30b7a13.jpg
808bcc2a015a3633911cbcaccfe94d41.jpg

Latest posts

Back