Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The owner is happy with it and did not want to spend for all OEM. Dealer was trying to sell him a MS391. Even if timing of ports is off a bit that 046 is better than a plastic saw.

Definitely a better saw, just curious about intake and exhaust timing on the AM stuff. Since I have a wheel and like messing with cylinders I would time it just for chits n giggles while grinding on the ports. Not necessary at all though as long as it runs and expectations are not too high.

In all sorts of places. Arguably one of the worst jugs I've held. The sad part was the bore, ports, and bevels were beautiful. I made it run. Lots of bur time there.
f3a0a018cdb9230818914f16bc151d85.jpg
86098bd96d682834ccd7790a3de68b7e.jpg
6e5c5d962a194f112494c5029ac808a2.jpg
756d5e0757d77f54ccf3e23ee121440f.jpg
You need a back spotface......

Jeopardy phrase...
Oh heck......and the hundreds of shows I’ve watched.......
You put a mandrel through the hole and attach the cutter on the back side. Then the mandrel drives the cutter.
Wether by hand or machine.
Pulled back on the mandrel to cut.
They do forcing cones on pistols like that.
Sorry........terms you use every day......
We have 3” ones so the nut sits flat in castings.

Bump.
I have a MS170 that needs carb work, acccck!
Was in the dealer yesterday. This one in my shop needs an air filter and one AV plug.

Kid says we have to order that filter. I asked how much and he said $12.99. I told him dont bother.... online I can have 5 to my door for $5. Ordering from HL anyways...Ill just add one to the order.

Gonna just bolt on another chi-knee one?

No, don`t run anything but OEM carbs on customers saws. I will try a rebuild first. Usually successful but have seen a rash of newer carbs that don`t take rebuilds as well as the older carbs did. Orifices are so tiny now. Be a new carb from Stihl if the rebuild does not work proper.

No, don`t run anything but OEM carbs on customers saws. I will try a rebuild first. Usually successful but have seen a rash of newer carbs that don`t take rebuilds as well as the older carbs did. Orifices are so tiny now. Be a new carb from Stihl if the rebuild does not work proper.

Isn't the one on it Chi-knee??

Isn't the one on it Chi-knee??

Maybe made in China but not the cheap AM knockoffs that the screw holding the metering lever pin in place rots out in a year or so if E 10 is used for fuel mix. The China made Stihl carbs have some better quality control over the manufacturing process.

Latest posts

Back