Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
de0a499cf4b25f82ed2359f01617c614.jpg

So.......in these desperate tymes......and suffering from self isolation....I have gotten back onto my old Jonsereds hauler project at the shop.....getting there......new iron bits.....the old dog IS TRYING to learn new tricks with hiz new wire feeder.....that's getting there too.....and panel bond epoxy....

IMG_0820.jpgIMG_0821.jpgIMG_0822.jpg

Wish I was close, so many tricks I could show ya when adding tin on a body. Bet John has a few up his sleeve as well.You running gas in your wire feed?
Yeah kinda inventing the wheel here.....burnt miles of stick but pretty new to wire feed.....learning curve.....nope no gas yet but set up for it. Not welding of visible joints.....using 3m Panel bond for all those......welding taking place in behind like inner rocker and structural joinery....some stick, some wire depending on thickness.

Life long learning curve to body panel work, rust being prevalent here so I got involved with rebuilding in mid 60`s, worked over every old vehicle I ever owned, gets easier with practice. Taught my younger brother as a teen, he went on to become a life long body man. Indenting the cab corners really make joining them up much easier to fill over.

Life long learning curve to body panel work, rust being prevalent here so I got involved with rebuilding in mid 60`s, worked over every old vehicle I ever owned, gets easier with practice. Taught my younger brother as a teen, he went on to become a life long body man. Indenting the cab corners really make joining them up much easier to fill over.
Yep I have a pneumatic punch/flange tool for indent work but doesn't work that great on sharp curves....on the other hand it punches perfect holes stitch welding and has come in very handy on rusty old ****....

This job is not headed for the perfect job. There will be very little if any filling...be using seam sealer in a few places....when all assembled the black line will be raised another inch or two the whole length of the cab and back body and shot with two part bed liner put on rather thick. Poor ol' truck not worth getting real fussy over...just needs to be solid, straight and inspectable…….one of those "50 mile an hour body jobs"...….looks GREAT going by at 50!!!! Another couple years use is about all I can really hope for up here......

LOL! These rocker panels are designed as "slip-ons"...….kind of an abuse of the English language.....had to cut away most of the originals but I gotta say.....these suckers are rugged!!! Very heavy.....and nearly 3/32" thick......not much give to change the shape much...

AWD is better than 4 x 4 :crazy2:

Gonna get the brakes changed on the housemates car. Hopefully it'll be easy? I guess that means; I hope they put anti-seize on the rotors!

Best,

~TW

Poor here this morning......raining sideways....NE winds 30 mph gusting to 40....'nuther shop day!

Thought I had that corner and rocker nearly fit but spent all afternoon fighting with them......rockers very hard to fit and very hard to bend but today they going on come hell or high water!!! Need to be done with this side and get onto the drivers side......be short week next week as the hardwood flooring will be here Mon or Tues and the bride will have me wailing that down as soon as it gets here. Took over the daughters bedroom for a temporary office but she has filled it with office gear and materials and really needs the new office up and running by the end of the month as that's when the rent is up on her previous office. So truck will be back burnered until she is happy.......no tellin' when that will be howevah…...

Poor here this morning......raining sideways....NE winds 30 mph gusting to 40....'nuther shop day!

Though I had that corner and rocker nearly fit but spent all afternoon fighting with them......rockers very hard to fit and very hard to bend but today they going on come hell or high water!!! Need to be done with this side and get onto the drivers side......be short week next week as the hardwood flooring will be here Mon or Tues and the bride will have me wailing that down as soon as it gets here. Took over the daughters bedroom for a temporary office but she has filled it with office gear and materials and really needs the new office up and running by the end of the month as that's when the rent is up on her previous office. So truck will be back burnered until she is happy.......no tellin' when that will be howevah…...
Just when she is happy for a minute right? There is no permanent happy with a female; well not in my experience.

The Honey Doo list progresses.....Oak flooring was to be delivered today between 10 AM and 2 PM.....actually arrived 10 min early and off loaded it off the truck and into the old fellas truck soo I could back it right up to the living room window. After that did everyone's favorite......pulling up 30 year old carpet and foam backer.....and then of course the best part was the tack strips!!! The cheep base board and clam shell door trim was not to bad......

IMG_0850.jpg

Back