Vintage Chainsaw Museum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided to clean up a few more saws to move over. Someone gave me this 300 several years ago and I finally got tired of having it always underfoot. The paint on the top cover was falling off and I had to repaint the slash on the bar tip as well but everything else is original, just cleaned up.

20210319_125141.jpg

20210319_125151.jpg

20210319_125158.jpg

The 300 is the direct drive version, or add the compact gearbox and it becomes a 650.

20210319_125234.jpg

This is a 650 that I cleaned up and repainted a few years ago.

McCulloch 650 f5.JPG

McCulloch 650 f11.JPG

Mark

That's pretty cool.

I go to Iowa a couple times a year, I will try to swing up there at some point.

Are you by the post office?

I received some boxes courtesy of svk this week. For those of you that might not be familiar with the Zogger story see this.

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...agement-for-zogger.344929/page-3#post-7486868
The Zogger saws are cleaned up on on display now, I will add some Zoggerwood to authenticate them as real Zoggersaws.

20210326_163150.jpg

20210326_163217.jpg

Steve also sent me this NOS Titan 35 complete with bar, chain, and spike.

20210326_165058.jpg

Steve's high school shop teacher was co-owner of the shop this one came from and made the hang tag himself.

20210325_165136.jpg

20210326_072839.jpg

I hope some of you can stop for a visit one day and appreciate the support I have received from so many of you.

Mark

I posted a bit of this in the vintage chainsaw lounge thread, thought I might as well go all out here rather than cluttering up that thread.

I have a very understanding wife, and we have been blessed by God so when I proposed that I needed (wanted) to build a building to display my saws and a better workshop area for mechanical/welding/machine shop so my home garage and workshop could go back to woodworking and home repairs she agreed.

I found a city lot just down the block from my house, the lot is 25 x 140' so my building will be 23 x 118' and include a display area, library/office/kitchen/break room, and my new workshop. There will be a short driveway off the alley to the large overhead door to the shop area.

I put this display out during our "Watermelon Day" celebration in August.

View attachment 674619
View attachment 674620

View attachment 674629
View attachment 674630

Work was started recently.

View attachment 674623

The water line is in place now.

View attachment 674624

Preparing for the footings and frost wall. I will not have any basement or crawl space (very high water table in this small town) but I will have the attic space mostly finished to expand my storage.

View attachment 674625

They have been keeping busy.

View attachment 674626

They even found a sewer line from the previous building so I am now tied in to the city sanitary sewer.

View attachment 674627

To minimize water issues, the building will have tile all around and be tied in to the storm sewer running under the street.

View attachment 674628

The plumbers just got started today, I will have radiant in floor heat throughout the building and air conditioning for the warmer months. The shop end will include a trough drain in front of the drive in door and a separate "mini split" for air conditioning and a touch of heat when the radiant floor heat is not needed.

As noted, the building will be divided into three sections, the main display in the front just off Main Street, a library/kitchen-break room/office space in the middle, and the workshop on the other end adjacent to the alley that runs down the middle of the block. My 3D printer will be located in the office space so I can keep cranking out 10 Series sawdust screens and more recently the "collars" the clamp the wrap handles to the fuel tank on the CP125, SP105/125 saws. I will have some vintage magazines in addition to IPL's, literature, and other documents in the library area. At some point I will put out a request for anyone that has additional items that could be added to the library.

Mark
Just saw your shop. Kinda makes me feel bad with my 1 1/2 car garage. Would love to see your place but don't travel much any more. I am comfortable here in Trinidad Colorado enjoying all of my family including 8 great grandkids! Just have one MAC a 15. 5 old eco/craftsman saws of various sizes plus a mall 2MG. Plenty to keep me out of trouble. I really am enjoying the site. I was a millwright in northern Ca. Worked in Scotia Ca. in the largest redwood sawmill in the world. Shotgun carriages with riding ratchet setters. No for me! Thanks for all of the info.

That's pretty cool.

I go to Iowa a couple times a year, I will try to swing up there at some point.

Are you by the post office?
My building is a block south of the post office on the opposite side of the street. If you make it to Main Street in Dike, IA it is not hard to find.

Mark

Back