Ms440=TorqueMeister

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha - the 460, 660 and 880 is here, just not the 440 - they probably deselected it from the line-up, because the 372xp would beat it in several ways.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Btw, the 441 is here, but I wonder what happens when the 461 arrives......,
I was told the 461 is to be out in a few months, and to start buying 460's if you want one.

, because the 372xp would beat it in several ways.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

QUOTE]
So what you are saying is, you have no reason to try the 440 just like I have no reason to try the 372?? Right?

Not really, I just speculated over the fact that they never offered the 440 here, in light of the dozens of 372 vs. 440 vs. 460 treads here at AS, a few years ago - the 440 mostly ended up as the "also-ran".......:greenchainsaw: :laugh: :laugh: :ices_rofl:

Last edited:
Yep, I had a 96 Z28. I loved that car:(
mine is s '97 30th anniversary Z28 convertible, black with a tan top

and we have a '94 Z28 convertible, red w/black top

Welul younguun', Iu haud au '68 Camaruo Zu/28!

my ole man has a '69 RS/SS, w/numbers matching 396(started as a 350 horse) and Muncie 4 speed. hunter green, white vinyl top, white hockey stripe, white houndstooth enterior...pretty well all the options except AC...now that is a car

Good question, why do many say the MS440 is a better saw than the MS460?. I realize they are different saws, just kind of curious why many prefer the MS440.

cheaper, slimmer and lighter.

It isn't even a question,the 460 is definately stronger,but feels much heavier than the 440.By spec sheet,Stihl claims it's only a pound heavier but it feels like more than that by the end of the day.

Even though the 460 is stronger,the 440 will still do everything the 460 will,and with some mild tweaks inside the engine you can easily make the 440 stronger.If I absolutely need a bigger saw to make a felling cut,then I will break out the 395 or 660.Then usually I'll just make my felling cut and put the big saw back up again.

I wouldn't say the 440 is a better saw than the 460.I have both,and you can't help but fall in love with the 460.

Shall we do a poll??? I think so, let's see what AS thinks:cheers:

I can understand the price, weight, ergonomic issue and fair enough too... the user has to be able to afford it and be comfortable with the tool for the duration. It's an individuals preference.

Having said that: we have 'real' trees here in NZ too, but loggers are generally cutting 20-25 yr old Pinus Radiata in plantations. It is a soft wood, yet most here, I believe use an 066 with 25" bar.

Before anyone says 'told you so', both the Stihl's and Husqy's are bought by the gangs in bulk all over this country. They are the main players here. It has more to do with marketing and discounts I think. So it does not mean other 'lesser' [sales volume] brands are not their equal.

But for the poll; my vote is for the 2095 - that's my preference.

Last edited:
mine is s '97 30th anniversary Z28 convertible, black with a tan top

and we have a '94 Z28 convertible, red w/black top

my ole man has a '69 RS/SS, w/numbers matching 396(started as a 350 horse) and Muncie 4 speed. hunter green, white vinyl top, white hockey stripe, white houndstooth enterior...pretty well all the options except AC...now that is a car

68 Z/28 M-22, wood wheel, 4.56 posi, close ratio steering, black w/ white strips, custom interior, rally sport

Added: Stahl headers, Sig Erson cam, Crane springs, head port/polish, Mallory ignition

69 SS396 375HP, M-22

Those were the days.

Last edited:
Back