Cheap alternative to Stihl seal puller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that how ever many beers will directly affect the outcome of this experiment..:jester:

I'll let you know what happens.

If I had a harbor freight local, I would do the same thing, but I'm not about to pay shipping for a three dollar part.....

You want me to pick one up for you? You can come to the April 19 GTG and get it from me there. I may just have to pick a bunch of these for door prizes. Every good Stihl mechanic should have one of these in the tool box.

I've got the snap-on version of same seal puller.

what I use the most is a screwdriver :D

I found a nice cheap alternative to the expensive Stihl seal puller. It has the same little hook to grab the inside edge of the seal. LINK

Nice find!

Just do not let the kids near the thing as I am sure the Chinese powder coating has lead in it. :)

Made in China now translates to "No suitable for children under 14"

A while back I was walking through HF and bought one. Should have bought 4 of them ...I had to mod it to fit some of the seals....It worked ok till I bought my Stihl puller...

From my experience with Harbor Freight , if you want one, buy ten. Most of their stuff has a life span of about 2 uses then bends, breaks, or just explodes into a million pieces.

nice tip i think ill by the stihl one thow . I think iff its worth bying by a good one the first time.

It's way too big for most chainsaw seals...

if you want to use that technique, just file a hooked notch in the side of a screw driver blade, and lever with a pair of vice grips.

How many seals would you have to change to justify the Stihl puller? or do you just buy the puller to justify more saw purchases.

Latest posts

Back