026 Carburetor Rebuild - The Saga Continues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha! In all seriousness, I have the carb hole plugged with something I fabricated, and I'm going to do the same to the exhaust port. Then I'll get it stripped down to the seals and run my test. Going to be a long night I imagine...

Wish I had a/c in my shop ive got a ms660 that need psi/vac testing lol

Wish I had an MS660. Haha! Yeah, that's the one nice thing about my knife/saw shop being in the basement garage. As long as you keep the doors down, you're nice and cool. I only open them when the car or mower goes in and out. I thought about putting in a shop this summer seperate from the house, but I think we are going to add on a third car spot and sunroom above instead. I'll probably put my stove over there and relocate the shop. Probably next year's project though... Supposed to cool down next week here though!

Is pulling the jug a must for replacing the impulse line and boot on an 026? I'm figuring so, just wanted to make sure.

You only need to remove the 3 screws from the rubber AV mounts, the two in the lower chassis have plastic plugs that need to be pried out to gain access to the T27 screw heads, the rear upper AV mount is easily accessible by removing the top engine cover. Once disconnected the rear handle /tank assembly can be slid back to gain access.

Well, my flywheel side oil seal won't hold any pressure either and it spews bubbles when I spray with soapy water and pump my Mityvac... Bummer.

Two words... Sheared key. I got the key out. Does anyone know where I can order one for an 026?
So , sheared key after all and a bad seal to boot. Might as well pull the jug and take care of the 125 compression issue. That way you won't have to remove all your av screws. Save your cyl gasket, order the new rings and a set of ring compressors. Replace the fuel line,impulse line, install new seals and 026 will last another couple decades. Congrats on locating the problem....only took one new carb...:)

Both hands free eh? So it does it for you and it cost nothing? Awesome! Haha! I got a cheap Husqy setup, should suit my needs.

The husky one should work fine. I have made them from beer cans that worked fine. I splurged and bought a set of 5 plastic ones from baileys for about $8.

Btw, I have been fighting a similar problem with a carb off a echo CSS 330t. Rebuilt 4 times and wouldn't run. Today, I cut the limiter caps off the carb needles, lightly seated both then backed them out 1.5 turns and the saw started on the second pull. The limiter caps had the carb set so lean it would not run. We both learned something today.

Echo definitely likes to restrict tuning the carb on all their OPE. I had to stick a cherry red heated screwdriver with shanks ground off into a limiter cap on my old Echo weed trimmer. Once it was solid, I twisted out the plug and voila, access to the H adjustment. What a pain though...

Latest posts

Back