026 idles great wont accelerate

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowdog

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
hey there guys, had a quick question. i'm working on an 026 pro, it has the carb with just the L screw, no H. i cleaned the carb everything looks good but when i started it it ran great for a minute then idles fine but wont accererate and acts like its starved for fuel. i changed out the fuel filter, impulse hose fuel vent and spark plug. i also checked the spark arrester screen. any ideas?

Heloo snowdog,

Sounds like a fuel issue. I had a similar problem with my 026 pro a month ago. I replaced just the carb diaphram and main gaskets on each side of the carb using a Walbro rebuild kit. I did not replace anything else, but had to play with the carb adjustments quite a bit until it ran good again. Check the carb type, which is stamped on the side of the carb, to get the right kit. Mine was a Walbro 194.

Good luck!

mcwinwi

Heloo snowdog,

Sounds like a fuel issue. I had a similar problem with my 026 pro a month ago. I replaced just the carb diaphram and main gaskets on each side of the carb using a Walbro rebuild kit. I did not replace anything else, but had to play with the carb adjustments quite a bit until it ran good again. Check the carb type, which is stamped on the side of the carb, to get the right kit. Mine was a Walbro 194.

Good luck!

mcwinwi

what he said only thing after that is to double check everything.

before rebuilding the carb no acceleration usually means to lean on the low end. That don't work fuel inlet needle probably worn out and needs carb kit.

Varmit

Latest posts

Back