038 AV Super Parts Trouble

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

combatchuck

Reaction score
Hi all-

I'm new here, and have a question about my 038 AV Super. I've been using it for a few years and have had no problems, the thing runs like a champ. However, the rubber intake boot (elbow) ripped and it's been hell finding a new one. I ebayed one for an 038 only to have it arrive and find out that there's a world of difference between the 038 and the 038 AV Super when it comes to that part. When I search for this specific part on most sites I get no good results. Does anyone have a part number I can reference or somewhere to go where I can get this little piece of rubber so my saw runs right?

Thanks,

Chuck

Have you considered that you may have received the wrong part from your ebay purchase? I don't know if it's the case with every manifold, but the 11-digit part number is molded into many of them . . . may not hurt to verify it's correct.

The intakes looks the same to me on the 50mm & 52mm cylinders, and the Stihl software shows the same manifold for both of the models. Also, both models use a common housing, which means where it fits up on there has to be the same.

:confused2:

Latest posts

Back