038 super porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifixbuses

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have contacted a couple of the known porters on here they have all said they would take on the challange of porting an 038. Not one of them has said they have ported an 038.I do realize the basics are the same but id like to hear from some one who has done one what the before and after differance was. Ive heard some talk that certain saws take to porting better than others. Metals406 has a video of an awesome 038 on youtube but to my knowledge he doesent do other peoples saws(im sending him an im as well ) I would like to hear from someone who has done this saw and believes it can be woke up well.

You can also install a piston and cylinder from the 038 Mag. The bolt pattern is a little different but it only takes a few minutes to correct that. I don't think that you will see much difference in a ported 038 super vs. a stock 038 mag with a dual port muffler.
Later
Dan

I seen alot on that as well dan thanks.A large part of me was thinking if I spend the $$ to have something ported I may buy an 038mag cylinder piston set and send that out and have it ported instead of the 038 super cylinder.

I seen alot on that as well dan thanks.A large part of me was thinking if I spend the $$ to have something ported I may buy an 038mag cylinder piston set and send that out and have it ported instead of the 038 super cylinder.

If you cannot find/afford a NOS/OEM stihl cylinder go with a 038M Tecomec, very high quality, Italian made, and they also make parts for high end cars/motorcycles (e.g. Ducati)

I posted a bunch of pictures of a Tecomec kit a while back.

They now also sell separate piston kits. The last piston I checked was also ca. 10g lighter than OEM. Tolernaces fror a kit were near identical with OEM.

P.S. I have no interest in sale of these parts, just like a quality product

If you cannot find/afford a NOS/OEM stihl cylinder go with a 038M Tecomec, very high quality, Italian made, and they also make parts for high end cars/motorcycles (e.g. Ducati)

I posted a bunch of pictures of a Tecomec kit a while back.

They now also sell separate piston kits. The last piston I checked was also ca. 10g lighter than OEM. Tolernaces fror a kit were near identical with OEM.

P.S. I have no interest in sale of these parts, just like a quality product

+1. And it looks like you can get them for $99 + shipping right now too.

Back