041 Farm Boss to 041AV ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trigger-Time

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had a 041FB given to me, thats busted up some. So I need some
parts, So I will be looking for a parts saw. I would like to know if
I come across a dead 041AV, will the body parts fit the 041FB?

Thanks, Gary

Nope

Trigger-Time said:
Had a 041FB given to me, thats busted up some. So I need some
parts, So I will be looking for a parts saw. I would like to know if
I come across a dead 041AV, will the body parts fit the 041FB?

Thanks, Gary

They are actually two completely different saws dude. I'll get some pics in a few minutes to show you the actual differences. They aren't even remotely similar except for the bar and chain, maybe the air filter. That's about it. Back in a few with pics.

041 differences

Sooooo, I think the only similarities are really the starter side. Everything else looks different guy. Check out the finite details yourself. Hope this helps

Actually, I've compared my Farm Boss to my AV. The actual engine and the front part of the case are the same, as well as the gas tank/recoil assembly. The main differences are the rear of the housing and handle parts. However, the rear housing over the cylinder is removable, and must be swapped due to the differences in the AV and standard handles. The air cleaner housing and cover are different also , as well as the clutch cover, but all these parts are swappable. I've actually thought about doing exactly what you describe, if I can't save my AV.

Indiana John said:
Actually, I've compared my Farm Boss to my AV. The actual engine and the front part of the case are the same, as well as the gas tank/recoil assembly. The main differences are the rear of the housing and handle parts. However, the rear housing over the cylinder is removable, and must be swapped due to the differences in the AV and standard handles. The air cleaner housing and cover are different also , as well as the clutch cover, but all these parts are swappable. I've actually thought about doing exactly what you describe, if I can't save my AV.

Thanks, John

Has anyone done this swap, 041FB to 041AV or 041AV to 041FB

Gary

Latest posts

Back