041G - A saw I thought I might never own.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad, in regards to powder coating what do you use to fill the divets/holes in the cases? I brought the Eastwood powder coating kit but can't find a metal filler that can handle the heat of the oven and conduct electricity?!!
Regards
John

It's a done deal. This saw is getting powder coated. The parts just left here a few minutes ago. This is my first time to PC a saw, and I'm excited to see it come together. I'll be using mostly new hardward and a new rubber grip for the rear handle. I've got a nice newer logo for the recoil too.

Y'know... I was going to start a thread, but thought I would mention that some of the 041G's were painted from the factory. Mine was, and it has not been repainted by a previous owner. May sound a little far fetched, but I am certain. Would like to hear more on this, as Ive searched and searched but havent found any discussion on it. I can go into detail if need be... Will try and get some pictures soon as well. I found a thread on a 041G find from a couple years ago, and it looked just the same- painted.
Good on you for the PC though, just thought I would add that tidbit in.

It's Christmas in February!

Look what I got today!

IMG_0184-M.jpg

I've had a few saws done......it ain't cheap but it is worth every single cent. Mike's not a sponsor and this ain't a full time gig for him. I don't want to break any rules so if anyone is wanting to get in touch with him please send me an email and I'll forward them on to him.

Jr is taking a summer class at the tech center on powder coating, I've already lined up his class projects for him.

Brad that saw will be beautiful. I can't wait it see it. I've got an 038 MagII here of Mike's now that looks like a new saw.....

Shouldnt this thread be with the rest of the stickies? haha

Looks great BTW, when done right powder coat is the real deal. Sure looks like this one isnt his first rodeo!

Latest posts

Back