041G - A saw I thought I might never own.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just noticed this thread you got a nice saw nothing like a stihl in work clothes makes me wish i had my grandpa's O20

I've been using Nachi bearings for awhile now.......they are a nice Japanese bearing and are available in C3, sealed or unsealed in every size I've needed.

No matter what folks may think the available sources are drying up, We are going to need to use the oversears parts.

It finally happened. Nearly 9 months after getting this saw, it's finally back together and running. I had all the parts sand blasted and powder coated. All the bearings are new. It has new rings. Carb kit. Fuel, impulse, and oil lines. All new hardware. It's been a long road, but oh so worth it. This saw turned out beautiful. It starts right up, idles great, has great throttle response, and revs out nicely. There are a few details not finished. I'll be installing new rubber on the wrap handle. There are also a couple missing bolts where I had drilled and tapped for a keysert, but ran out and need a couple more. I'll be painting the letters black on the gear cover, and the letters on the air filter cover will be silver. I would like to get a period correct starter handle for it too.

A BIG thanks goes out to Glock37 and his brother for the beautiful finish on this saw. It didn't come easy. Twice, oil bled through the finish, causing one case half to have to be done three times! The got it done right though. I REALLY appreciate their effort and hard work.

IMG_0781-M.jpg

IMG_0785-M.jpg

IMG_0782-M.jpg

IMG_0784-M.jpg

IMG_0786-M.jpg

IMG_0787-L.jpg

IMG_0791-M.jpg

IMG_0792-M.jpg

Last edited:
I've been working on this and my other 041G non-stop since I got home from work. I had some parts on the other one powder coated as well. I wanted to get these back together today so that I'd have tomorrow to work on port jobs.

Well.......... weather is suppose to be kwappy.

So enjoy.

Last edited:
Awesome saw Brad Glad you like the work

Any Video of this thing running

:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

Brad, do you know the part number for the air filter? I have the same style air box, and need a replacement.

Back